Is your hubby jealous of your crochet?

Hmm... my dh is pretty casual about most everything, and hasn't really made comments either way. Besides, he's always surfing slashdot or google video or youtube. :lol

Is he jealous no, he does think myabe I don't need to buy more yarn, hooks, or patterns :lol . Any maybe he gets just a little annoyed that sometimes he has to move the yarn off his side of the bed :blush But he is used to my hobbies, so he doesn't complain. I don't say anything about his either, he likes to fish and he has lots of rods and reaels and baits and lures to go along with it, at least I don't buy how to videos and dvds (not yet anyway, lol) We are each happy with our addictions I think, lol

Valerie

I hope he doesn't try to teach you a lesson by leaving *his* hooks on *your* side of the bed! :eek:devil

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never thought of it as being jealous before, but, Yes he is. I will tell him about something that I am going to do and I get that deer in the headlights look and he just says Humph. Hay. I can do this while he is playing games online!!!

When I get soemthing done he just looks at is and says, "Hmm, thats nice" No excitement what so ever.

I don't know, maybe he wants me to do something else. Maybe cook and clean house!!!!!LOL

Hubby jealous? Nope, not at all. He's very encouraging all the time, loves to see what I've made, and will still come with me to Michael's for new yarn even when he's teasing me that we already live above a yarn 'store' (the basement).

Brae

I think a bit sometimes, though he is good about not complaining if I crochet in front of the tv. He gets extremely annoyed when I take my work someplace with me, say if we go to my mom's for dinner and afterwards we sit and drink coffee and I pull out whatever I'm working on. But my mother's always at it too, so it's just him being a whiner I think :hook

Fortunately, his hobbies are more $$ and take up more space, so he can't say a word about my yarn!

My husband complains that he can't get my attention when I crochet, though he prefers it to videogaming when he really loses me. But over Xmas, it was nice to crochet while he did his own crafty thing next to me (lino block prints).

Uh, and he wants me to stop buying yarn until I use up my stash. Bwahahahahha, like that's ever going to happen. :devil

• 5 weeks later...

No my Hubby is not jeolous of my crocheting. The only time he complains is when I keep making gifts for everyone else and we do not keep anything for our home! So then I make a bunch of stuff for the house and he is happy again, until next time I make a gift for someone.

Maybe a little. I don't drive so I always have a project with me in the car. He can't stand it. The house is clean, laundry done, food on the table. Leave me be dang it! He saw my Q hook this weekend and gave me the strangest look. But he doesn't complain as much as he used to. Now it's only when I bring home BAGS full of yarn from AC Moore. I just look at him and say "what?"

My hubby doesn't get jealous. But he does think that maybe I need to do some other things. :eek Like clean house or something. He plays video games a lot. So when he does that, I either get on the computer or sit and crochet. He mostly complains when I'm on the computer. So crocheting is good!:cheer

I guess you could say my hubbys iffy on the subject lol. I am currently making the snowflake afghan for him. But, he does complain i wont play everquest with him anymore cause im working on crochet lol. ( its a ps2 online game incase you we're wondering) well i guess my answer is iffy too lol. Big surprize he actually told me earlier we should have went and gotten you more yarn....What???? is what i thought lol.

My DH is actually quite supportive. I didn't realize how much he actualy paid attention to what I did until this Christmas. He gave me my present about 2 or 3 weeks early (camrea I promptly lost on the way home from OK a few weeks later :(:blush ) Then the 23rd he surprises me with a card and a Joann's gift card. We had an emergency trip to OK in January for a funeral. I brought some yarn for a project with me. Unfortunately, I ran out. Fortunately, we were going out with a friend the next day. We were talking about where to go. DH said something about going to HL or the likes so I can pick up yarn. I was flored! I mean, if the opertunity came up, I was gonna ask, but he said it first. Also, he told his friend that the difference between me and X was that I actually finish what I start.

So no, I don't think he's jeallous. Besides, I mostly crochet when I'm on the road or in front of the TV. I spend plenty of time with him on EQII (computer game) most evenings that we're both home. He knows it keeps me happy and busy and most of the stuff I make goes to others, mostly Project Linus.

I asked DH that question and he looked at me and said "why should I be jealous of your crochet?"

I love a man who is so secure in himself!!

Although he did tell me he's been waiting on his 'ghan since the one we got as a wedding gift from his grandmother is not big enough for the both of us :lol

I think my husband holds a secret grudge against my crochet. I know it drives him crazy when I do it while we watch tv together. He doesn't understand that women can do more than one thing at a time. He thinks I am not paying attention. I told him that I love him and my crochet equally and not to be sulky :devil .

I think the crochet is taken as a message that watching television with him is not interesting enough. It's like, "While you're with me, your full attention should be to what I am doing even when we're not talking."

Yesterday I googled to find out possible reasons his CD drawer was stuck in the computer and emailed him some suggestions. He waited until I got home from a snowstorm commute and cooking dinner and then wanted me to hold the light while he poked at the CD drawer with a paperclip. I was not allowed to touch the computer nor was I allowed to hands-on shut down the computer and do a DOS diagnostic. I was only to stand behind the chair while he kept saying "what? What?"

I will never understand men.

My hubby doesnt get jealous of my crochet. He likes i. when I doing my crochet. If I need yarn. He and I will got out. We usually go out on a saturday. We go out for breakfast. Then I go to Micheals, or Ac moore to get yarn.

I'm not married, but my boyfriend ENCOURAGES my crochet. He drives me to the store to pick out my yarn, and has even brought home a hook size I needed.

He loves to show off what I've made

While I crochet, he can play video games or poke at the computer while sitting next to me on the couch......everyone's occupied and no one's bored :)

My significant other supports my habit, emotionally as well as monetarily. He knows it's something I really enjoy, so he doesn't mind the time and money *ahem* I spend on doing it. I think it only frustrates him when I'm counting stitches and he tries to talk to me. Overall, he's probably my biggest fan. :cheer

He doesn't understand me spending time everyday in a crochet forum, though. :heehee

I think my husband holds a secret grudge against my crochet. I know it drives him crazy when I do it while we watch tv together. He doesn't understand that women can do more than one thing at a time. He thinks I am not paying attention. I told him that I love him and my crochet equally and not to be sulky :devil .

YES! What is up with that? Every once in a while though, he gets all interested in what I am doing... he even started a project once, though he didnt finish it.... But, yes, for the most part I think he is jealous. He thinks I'm not giving him enough attention.

Men! :rolleyes

I don't think my husband is jealous but he doesn't get that I am addicted to crocheting right now and probably forever. He does get huffy sometimes but I can do more than 1 thing at a time and still know what is happening on the TV. I can even read a book and watch TV and still know more about the program than he does. LOL.

Fortunately, my husband (and kids, too) are typically awestruck while watching me crochet.:think

They laugh & comment that it's amazing that it's not just one big tangle from watching the hook & yarn move.:cat ....and sometimes, with our cat lurking nearby, the tangles happen!

My husband isn't jealous of my crocheting. In fact, he is always bragging on my work and encouraging me to try different things. He told me that at least my hobby is cheaper than his(which is restoring cars). He is really happy with my crocheting now because that is what I am doing instead of smoking.

My boyfriend doesn't get jealous of my crochet, he thinks it's really cool. "How does that work?" "How come its a zig-zag? How did you do that?" Haha that's the Engineer in him though...trying to figure everything out!! He brags about me to his family which is nice.

When we first starting dating I was on a knitting kick, and we took a trip up to see his parents, and I knitted the whole way in the passenger seat. He looked over at me and gave me this smile, and when I asked him what he was smiling about, he said "You're going to be a great mom someday".:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

I love him. :manyheart

Archived