Is your hubby jealous of your crochet?

Hubby jealous of my crocheting? Not at all. :D

He'd much rather see me crocheting than with my second hobby..net-surfing. When I'm on the 'puter, I block everything out, including him.

Now, I can hold a good conversation while I'm crocheting. So he's happy when I'm with the yarn and hook. (Now, when I leave my yarn and hook scattered all over the house, that's a different story).

Same here...my darling man was just fine with me crocheting every now and then, as long as I don't spend alot of money on yarn...but every since I discovered Crochetville and blogging, we have to fight over the computer! Oops!:blush

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My DH is happy that I have addictive hobbies (crochet & knitting) because he is a computer-game fanatic, and he sees that playing with yarn makes me happy. We can both carry on conversations when doing our respective hobbies, so we don't feel that we sacrifice closeness. He likes the stuff I make and has been my biggest fan. He doesn't whine about my yarn/hook/

knitting needle acquisition disorder either. I guess I'll keep him!

Nope he never was, and even accepted my yarn stashing because anytime he looked at me funny I reminded him about his stashing of ammo :P

Of course now that I'm 'single' I can hoard and buy as much as I can afford or fit in the house :lol

My guy won't go as far as buying yarn for me, but I always get gift cards to HL and JoAnn's! He teases me about crochet forums but it is in a good natured way. He knows I can't just sit and watch a movie or a program, I have to crochet at the same time. And since most of what I make, I give as a gift, he likes the fact that I spent the time to give from the heart, not just the pocketbook.

If he wants to sit by me on the couch, he just holds the yarn in his lap!

All three of my guys, when they ask me something, know if I say," Hold on", that I am counting!

at the beginning my husband couldnt believe that women can do such thing as crocheting, he said - "it's like chinese to me" :D but then after a while he started asking me to make him some stuff and since his first cap and handwarmers he even gives me money to buy yarn sometimes :yay

and yeah,he's also really supportive for any new idea I have on my mind to crochet !

Sometimes as he would feel like i wasn't paying attention to him. There have been times he called me & the first thing he said was "put down the crochet hook & listen". Mostly he is very supportive & he brags to others that I can make lots of really nice things. He sometimes tells me that he is amazed at what I can make from yarn or thread.

• 4 weeks later...
I think my husband holds a secret grudge against my crochet. I know it drives him crazy when I do it while we watch tv together. He doesn't understand that women can do more than one thing at a time. He thinks I am not paying attention. I told him that I love him and my crochet equally and not to be sulky :devil .

My hubby is like that too. He doesn't mind me crocheting or any other hobby but he doesn't like me doing it when we watch our shows. I always tell him that I can crochet or fall asleep watching tv :lol He leaves me alone after that. He knows I'm not normally a night owl like him.

hmm jealousy lol

i dont have a husband but my bf loves my crochet, his little eyes light up everytime i finish a project (lol he doesnt have LITTLE eyes!)

but i feel bad cuz hes so impressed but i havent made anything specifically for him yet, even though hes asked :(

i just cant find anything worth making to give him, i want it to be super cool, but the bad thing about that is

he's still waiting!

My cat is VERY jealous; one reason I have to wash all my 'ghans before gifting them is the white cat hair! He loves to get on the afghan and settle in, thereby stopping any more progress. :lol

DH, on the other hand, is "Glad it makes you happy" and "People really love your work". He is blind so he's not that into it, but he's happy I have a harmless hobby that makes myself and others happy.

my husband loves it because he can get me to make last minute gifts. on the other hand he doesnt like the yarn everywhere.. i put it up and then in a few days its back out again...but he loves to camp. goes at least one weekend a month with the boy scouts so i am free that weekend to do all i want. I work nites now and mostly crochet at work during down time. so when i go back on days i will be crocheting while tv watching again. and he doesnt care about that.

Well, I guess you could say that no he is not jealous. Infact, he doesn't want me to give anything away that I make. I have to tell him ahead of time that it is for so and so or he claims it.

Sometimes I will take what I made into the computer room so he can take a picture of it (official photographer) and It never see the rest of the house again.

He goes yarn shopping with me. :yes Picks out colors and yarn for projects and even suggest what to make.:think

The man is a crafters dream come true:hug . Of course :scrachin though, it could also mean that I don't complain about what he spends for cigars, if he lets me buy what I want in yarn and such.:D

DH is probably my biggest supporter and fan and my personal lifesize Ken doll because I make him things too (and he proudly wears them...) He got concerned when the recent crochet bug hit a couple of years ago (I hadn't touched a crochet hook for about 4 years then and for the most part, I haven't stopped crocheting since) He knows if I've got the hook in my hand I'm lost for a while, but no he's not jealous...he too wonders how I can do more than one thing at a time...

He playfully tries to keep me from buying yarn though...I get the "warnings." We just got back from the states and he was tsk, tsking me, but for the most part it was all in good fun...I still got the yarn, but I tried not to go overboard...

There's this wonderful thing called football...hehehe which hubby both plays and watches that keeps him occupied.....lol So if I'm not jealous of football, he's not jealous of my crochet. Works out pretty well. Now as far as him asking if I have ADD, that's a different story. He's always wondering why I start something, get half way through and then start something else....lol

• 2 weeks later...

my husband doesn't mind my crocheting, gives him more time to watch sports. When we are watching a show i just work on a project that doesn't involve counting or major directions.

• 3 weeks later...

mine huffs and puffs about it sometimes, saying "why dont you just buy a blanket"

and i always tell him.. "why dont you just buy fish" (instead of fishing)

lol but over all he doesnt care.. sometimes he even helps me search out a specific yarn or pattern.

:)

My husband picks out my yarn, the colors, and sometimes the patterns. he is eager to see the finished product, and even mails some of it to his friends! He gives me ideas too.

I don't think my husband minds if I crochet as long as everything is done in the house. I think he would hit the roof if he came home and I was crocheting and the house was a mess. If he comes home unexpectedly during the day, I can hear the door from the garage open (I guess I'm always listening for it) and so I put my crochet away before he comes inside.

I am so glad you posted this. I'm new to crocheting for a only about 5 months. My husband is still getting use to it. I don't know if he ever will. Sometimes, he seems a little annoyed when I do it when watching TV or watching my son play. Oh well... I stop when I'm talking to someone though. Keep on Crocheting!

i konw this was asked a long time ago, but I didnt see it till now, my hubby is very supportive. He thinks it is odd that I have like 7 projects going on at once ( 1 for every day of the week), and he is freaked out that I can keep track of them all, :lol But he is good. Plus, since I'll crochet while watching a movie, he gets away with watching movies i wouldn't necessarily want to sit through. Plus, he works like 80 hrs a week, and likes to have some quiet before he is bombarded with a hunny-do list, so my crochet is his savior, lol. BUt my hubby is the guy that bought me the Crochet Stitch Bible, and wrote "make sure you study your bible everyday" in the cover :lol

This has been a fun thread to read :):)

I am lucky that I have a very easy going guy on my hands. I have to admit, that I sometimes let other things slip around here (shame on me) and when I first picked my hook back up after several years it was really bad. So one day ...he's getting ready for work and there's no clean undies for him. (Well there were, they were just in a basket not put away yet, but he didn't know that)...anyhow he says to me "hey, maybe you can crochet a pair for me"..*** - I laughed so hard. He was totally being silly...

So, now any time something needs to be done - he'll say maybe I can crochet it. We laugh.

i'm lucky! my hubby is the one that encourages me... though sometimes he gets demanding i must say! like he picked out the colors for our 3rd baby's layette, ugh, and giving me instrucions for his hats. (he loves wearing things i make for him) did i mention, he can't crochet? lol.

Archived