Is your hubby jealous of your crochet?

I think my husband holds a secret grudge against my crochet. I know it drives him crazy when I do it while we watch tv together. He doesn't understand that women can do more than one thing at a time. He thinks I am not paying attention. I told him that I love him and my crochet equally and not to be sulky :devil .

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Same here :think My hubby sometimes even says well I'd spend more time with you but you're always crocheting.I think he's secretly upset that he can't play his guitar while watching tv, amp & all :lol

My hubby just goes upstairs and plays his guitar!

Hubby jealous of my crocheting? Not at all. :D

He'd much rather see me crocheting than with my second hobby..net-surfing. When I'm on the 'puter, I block everything out, including him.

Now, I can hold a good conversation while I'm crocheting. So he's happy when I'm with the yarn and hook. (Now, when I leave my yarn and hook scattered all over the house, that's a different story).

BTW, he was so proud of me when I won the blue ribbon at the county fair over the summer, he called all his relatives to brag 'bout me.

Is he jealous no, he does think myabe I don't need to buy more yarn, hooks, or patterns :lol . Any maybe he gets just a little annoyed that sometimes he has to move the yarn off his side of the bed :blush But he is used to my hobbies, so he doesn't complain. I don't say anything about his either, he likes to fish and he has lots of rods and reaels and baits and lures to go along with it, at least I don't buy how to videos and dvds (not yet anyway, lol) We are each happy with our addictions I think, lol

Valerie

Not married here, but my boyfriend thinks I can crochet too much at times...But He never crochets too much. Not sure where the line gets drawn there. At least I stop crocheting when he calls...I was trying to talk to him a few hours ago and he was going on and on about yarn. :lol

No, my husband is supportive of my hobbies (addicitons?) but we have also been married almost 30 years and we are both pretty tolerant of individual idiosyncracies.

I am also a lucky one whose husband supports whatever I do. :yay He has never begrudged me the time I crochet, or the materials. :hook Maybe that is one of the reasons why we have been married for almost 34 years. He has always seemed proud of what I have created and more inclined to show it off than I am.

Don't get me wrong my husband isn't an insensitive jerk, he just seems inclined to hide my crocheting when I am not looking! Kind of how my 2 year old son needs a hug everytime my husband gives me one.

Don't get me wrong my husband isn't an insensitive jerk, he just seems inclined to hide my crocheting when I am not looking! Kind of how my 2 year old son needs a hug everytime my husband gives me one.

I was going to comment on this too it's not a bad thing to me really. My hubby is pretty much jealous of anything that takes my attention away from him. I think it's cute really :manyheart At least I know he loves me enough to care :lol

I'm really lucky. Not only does my hubby not mind, he helps me pick out yarn! He says I can buy as much yarn as I want, as long as he can buy video games every now and then. I think it's a pretty fair trade-off don't you?

Mel

Well I must add my reply by saying that of late my hubby has asked me to put up my crochet in another room and shut the door cuz I dont spend enuff time with him. As you recognize me by member name I am a nurse and I work three 12 hour days a week and dont crochet on those days AT ALL since I am worn out. On the days I am off I have to cook and clean and do all the other wifey stuff when he is at work. When he comes home and I have worked all day I wanna get in my lazy-boy and "whittle"---as he calls it!!! Funny enough. BUT he says I dont spend any time with him or our son who is 11. BUT...tis not true!!! I can sit with them and talk to them and BE with them even if I AM WHITTLING!!!!!!!

Good news is....after Nov. 5th I am dropping my job down to part-time!!!!! I can work two 12 hour days a week.....BUT......if rumor is true (and I am going to be confirming the rumor) that in order to retain and keep our health insurance nurses are only required to work a minimum of 20 hours a week...if that is the case then I will work the bare minimum of one 12 hour day and one 8 hour day. I hope that this will make it better. It will give me more time to spend with hubby and son and even more time to.............WHITTLE WHITTLE WHITTLE.

I have so many things I want to finish, start, and patterns to try!!!!

:-)

My hubby is very supportive....... he after all likes to build armour and the cost of sheet metal is MUCH more expensive than yarn and such. But he always is considerate about my crocheting and has helped w/ picking out yarns and other things also. My kids are very supportive also :)

Cece

I think part of him is. Like when we're watching a movie, he wishes I'd put it down and just sit with him.

But he's also good about letting me have yarn (he even picked me up some from Ben Franklin on his way home from work yesterday!). I guess as long as it doesn't get in the way of 'us' time, he doesn't care.

now now... men can still do several things at once...... I help my daughter with homework, crochet, watch tv, and talk to my wife....... as far as the jealousy it's more than likely he is wanting a lil marital benefit or a lil time just for the two of you.

(man I'm going to get flamed for this)

now now... men can still do several things at once...... I help my daughter with homework, crochet, watch tv, and talk to my wife....... as far as the jealousy it's more than likely he is wanting a lil marital benefit or a lil time just for the two of you.

(man I'm going to get flamed for this)

No Flaming from me:D I agree. My husband doesn't care one bit that I sit and watch TV and crochet. When we are watching a DVD, if i happen to miss something because I was looking at my work instead of the TV, he will actually frame back so I can see it:manyheart He takes care of me like that. But when it's time for bed, he will ask me nicely how much I need to do before I can put my work down (he knows about being in the middle of a row, pattern , count) and then wait patiently so we can go to bed together;)

Archived