3 Day Charity Square-A-Long!

LavenderBear

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, our official grand total is 1062 squares. That was with 20 of us. There were a couple more people participating, but I haven't gotten their totals yet.

Here are the winners of the prizes.

The Grandprize goes to Acrhrttcwgrl for making the most squares, and 12 inch ones at that!!!:cheer:clap:yay

The three names that my daughter drew are

Dustbunnybreeder

KellyA

Wannabe

For all 4 ladies please pm me with what color you would like the best! Thank you!

WTG Ladies! I can't WAIT to see what we do the next time around! Spread the word, the more people we have the more squares we can make for charities. All of you ladies are WONDERFUL!:ghug

Congrats to you all on your massive amount of squares!!

I will really try to do some with you all next time! :hook

Lavenderbear, I'm so sorry for your loss, I didn't write it, but this always helped me with the loss of a beloved pet:

RAINBOW BRIDGE

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Here's a picture of mine

th_11-03-06-3DayCharityCAL.jpg

(clickable)

That's my cute little puppy. He's a Jack Russell Terrier (the short leg version) His name is Hunter. I guess if he likes it the dogs at the Humane Society will like it as well. :clap

I put the two (completed) sets of squares together except for the borders. I want to make really nice, lush borders for these. They are designed for wheelchair use - well they were originally

S3600003-1.jpg

S3600002-2.jpg

I want to thank all of you for your prayers, well wishes, and hugs - and Kiki for the Rainbow Bridge sharing. All of these have touched me VERY MUCH! We are still in a state of shock over Wendy's diagnosis of acute leukemia and her being with us only a few days afterwards. I am missing her TERRIBLY today, but I know she's with new friends and our former pets. And also with my FIL's dog that just passed one week ago in her sleep. It's been ROUGH, but she's all healed now . . . playing, sniffing, and running to her heart's content! And she was FAMOUS for being a licker, so I'm sure she's licking everything in site!! She will always be my Wendy Girl! We were very blessed in adopting and having her these past 4 years! :manyheart

CONGRATS to everyone for making charity squares during this square-a-long! I had to refocus several times as I was BLOWN AWAY by the number we completed in just three day's time!!! WOWZER!!! Just think of all of the people who are going to be blessed by our gifts, talents, and efforts?! AMAZING!! :ghug

MUCHAS GRACIAS to Crystal who is helping me in finalizing this round!! She has been MY ROCK through all of this, along with my hubby!!! :hug

I'll let you know when we'll be doing the next round! Keep your hooks warmed, your yarn stocked, and your patterns handy in the meantime! Speaking of patterns, please share those you've used!!

Have a Blessed weekend! And, again, CONGRATS to all of us for making these charity squares - - no matter how many or how few!! The number doesn't matter in the end; the love put into making them is what blesses us and the receivers! Yes! :yes

We are all sooooo with you in this time of loss. It is so very difficult with pets because they just supplied the love no matter what we did or said to anyone.

I am one of those who believes that "All dogs go to heaven".

Hello everyone...

I been reading along and have to say WOW...I am proud of each and every one !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :manyheart

You all did a Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat Job !!! :clap:cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer

So sorry for your lost of WENDY...

rest assured she is in PUPPY- HEAVEN... with my Dixie and Penny...

craftygirl2, just imagine what we could do if you join us the next time. with your speed we might just make that 2,000 squares next time.

If we could just get everyone, who is not going for the gold, to make one square... hmmmnn

Hi Darski...

I promise....let me know when the next square along starts and I will be there...:devil

we will go for the GOLD !!!!!!!!!!!:cheer

All is well here at the homefront.... and I am ready to get with it again....:yes

thank you for thinking of me....:hook

Maybe we should make it a 5 day one!! Maybe then we could make over 2000!!!

I like that idea of a 5 day. We should start it on a Thursady if possible so people have a little more time over the weekends if possible. And we should get 2000 :hook

I did a quick check to the old thread and guess what:

--------------------------------------quote--------------------->

Our GRAND TOTAL in number of squares for this short five day team effort is . . .

517 SQUARES !!!!!!

<---------------------------------------------------------------->

kinda makes you wonder eh?

But that 2000 squares is still a possible.

I am looking for a smaller square so I can do more.

Guess we all need a strategy to make it happen

I do like the idea of the Weekend as well as we can probably get more who might do a square or two just to build our averages

I don't work but there are no busses to speak of on the weekend so i usually stay home

Archived