Hip ,easy mens scarves or hats patterns

deneen

Question

Does anyone know of any hip, quick (one day) hats or scarf patterns for teen boys or men? A lot of the scarfe patterns are usually knit. Crochet stitches tend to look more "feminine" then knit. I just need a few ideas for the holidays--help:ideanot

Deneen

11 answers to this question

Guest SamplerLady
mmouseplus.gifI started one last night using the diagonal box stitch. It's working up very quickly and looks nice, too. Unisex, I think, depending on what yarn one uses.

Do check out Andrew's page (linked above) my kids and I think his work is awesome!

A really cool and guy-ish (didn't want to say manly) scarf in crochet is simple. Crochet a chain the desired LENGTH of your scarf (nice and long is good) then sc in each chain. *Ch1 and turn. Now, sc across in the BACK LOOPS only across.* Repeat from between the ** until it is the width you desire. (Thinner is more "in" now.) This makes a lovely ribby scarf.

My daughter is making hats for her grand-dads using Bernat Boucle. She's doing a simple half-double crochet start-at-the-top-and-increase-evenly type of hat (increase until it's 5 1/2" around.. like a little dessert plate) then work even until it's the right length. The boucle is a bit fussy to work with, but the hat is very plush.

If you use a larger crochet hook, make a chain the length you would like your scarf to be. Turn and slip stitch in each chain. Repeat until it's the width you want it (which may take a little longer when using a slip stitch, but the larger your hook the faster it will go). The end result looks knit rather than crocheted.

Archived