Help with percentage bars from Anna Knits

gulfskye

Hi Everyone

My computer crashed a few weeks ago and I have just recently gotten it back from the factory. I've been trying to update the old blog by adding the percentage bars at Anna Knits-annamation.ca/annaknits/f...gstuff.php and for some reason when I copy and paste the code it's not working. I change the precentage points and the color code and copy and paste and it's refusing to cooperate. When I click on the area where the bar should be it says "movie not loaded" or something to that effect. I've been trying hard to teach myself HTML and every time I try to do something just a little different I end up feeling even dumber.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Melissa

Did you download the flash file that has to go with it?

Not too sure about what you do there as I haven't used it but I know there is a file that goes with the code.

Hi Kari

I did download the Flash file, but if you go back to her website she has another code set up where all you have to do is copy and paste it. The .swf file is stored at the website so you don't have to worry about the path.

I thought maybe I just wasn't giving it time to load, but when I read other people's blogs the percentage bars show up instantly.

It's probably something very obvious that I'm missing.

Thanks

Melissa

Hi Kari,

I think it may be a problem with the file on the server. I would try doing it the other way (uploading the .swf file to your server). Let me know if you need a hand.

Cheers,

hmm got me stumped... if I have time today I'll go there and check it out and see if I can come up with a solution. Don't know how much time I'll have though but I'll try.

Oops! Sorry about any confusion. I meant to address that tip to Melissa...

Melissa - I typed the URL of the .swf file she has on Pnavy into my browser, and got an error that the file doesn't exist. So I think the problem is on her end, not on yours. It's pretty easy to use the percentage bars the more labour-intensive way; let me know if you need a hand doing it.

Cheers,

Archived