funkyreporter

My Family Won't Let Me Buy Anymore Yarn, Patterns or Hooks

Funky - baby booties, takes like 20 minutes! muwahaha they never specified did they?

Ankey - what the heck, your parent talk to my dad or what? lol (otherwise I'd cry). He feels the same way. Ha! I still crochet.

Stand tall people, and hold your hooks proudly! Ready set go!

ok ok I'm done.

Hugs to all, Cynthia

Boy, am I so glad I found this thread! I'm a horrible cook, but can bake like no one's business! I also put on pjs as soon as I'm in the door, and watch court tv all the time! To this day, one of my older brothers refuses to eat SOS or hamburger helper because we ate so much of it growing up!:manyheart Anyone other than me like creamed chipped beef?!:eek:lol I soooo wanna move in!!! I make jello like it's going out of style.:yes

Sounds good, Roomie!:D

By the way, the yarn moritorium has been lifted...:yes:cheer

This is so hilarious! Do all crocheters have this problem? We should go to Yarns Anonymous or something! I have the same problem, with yarn stashed everywhere and mostly crammed into nooks and crannies! I even cleared out some dresser drawers that had clothes in it to make room for my yarn (yes, I'd rather have the yarn)! The sad thing is, my family doesn't clamor for me to make them anything, but I do get lots of requests from friends, who are happy to receive a handmade gift.

ankey, that's just wrong. WRONG WRONG WRONG. Your family doesn't deserve those afghans - get them something impersonal like a coffee mug or a tie.

Just make sure the mug has something pertaining to crochet on it. :devil

:devil I would pretend I have amnesia and I don't know them or what they are talking about!!

Paulette you are too funny I am ROTFLMAO!!!! I too have stashes and stashes of yarn - DH does not say a thing. TammyG

:manyheart You are SO funny! I am in stitches reading this, but it could apply to me and my stash.

Your family should eat their words! If it were me, I wouldn't be making them ANYTHING for quite a while....maybe until they begged. My advice is to HIDE your yarn, letting only a small amount be seen!