My Family Won't Let Me Buy Anymore Yarn, Patterns or Hooks

Can I come and hang too?? I have the deeply instilled need to feed everyone I like (I grew up in a very Italian household LOL) and love to bake too...plus I can make all the chocolate mousse that everyone can eat!!! And I'm a huge crime show fan too...and I hang out in jammies when I can...so, can I come and escape my munchkins????

Just one question though...with all those crochetters in the house...do we each have our own stash, or would it be a communal stash??? :D

Jessie

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I majorly :manyheart this place and this thread is a prime reason for that feeling.

I'm not a big TV fan but I can sit beside the set while all you criminal types sit in front. yeah that will work.

And because I :manyheart all youse guys. I won't cook or bake! :no:yay:ghug

Can I come and hang too?? I have the deeply instilled need to feed everyone I like (I grew up in a very Italian household LOL) and love to bake too...plus I can make all the chocolate mousse that everyone can eat!!! And I'm a huge crime show fan too...and I hang out in jammies when I can...so, can I come and escape my munchkins????

Just one question though...with all those crochetters in the house...do we each have our own stash, or would it be a communal stash??? :D

Jessie

An Italian cook???? Bestill my beating heart! And chocolate mousse too??? HEAVEN! I think communal stash sounds nice, don't you? Like a VILLAGE!!!!!:manyheart

I majorly :manyheart this place and this thread is a prime reason for that feeling.

I'm not a big TV fan but I can sit beside the set while all you criminal types sit in front. yeah that will work.

And because I :manyheart all youse guys. I won't cook or bake! :no:yay:ghug

And I LOVE all of you, so I won't cook either! :devil I promise! And that'll work fine if you're not the criminal show type... you can have the comfy chair that's just a bit far off to the side to see the set well! That will workin swimmingly!:yes

Don't worry Darski, we'll hook you on the crime shows. One look at Warrick Brown's eyes :drool and you'll be drooling... Not that he doesn't have one nice looking body to go with the eyes.

Compared to Funky's stash, mine is puny but I'd toss it into a communal stash. Hubby caught me sighing over wool online and thought I was being silly. I told him I wanted a stash that rivals Funky's and he didn't believe she could have that much until I showed him the pics. He asked me if I would be happy with just half of that much and I said sure. I think he was hinting at Christmas presents. :c9

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

Don't worry Darski, we'll hook you on the crime shows. One look at Warrick Brown's eyes :drool and you'll be drooling... Not that he doesn't have one nice looking body to go with the eyes.

Compared to Funky's stash, mine is puny but I'd toss it into a communal stash. Hubby caught me sighing over wool online and thought I was being silly. I told him I wanted a stash that rivals Funky's and he didn't believe she could have that much until I showed him the pics. He asked me if I would be happy with just half of that much and I said sure. I think he was hinting at Christmas presents. :c9

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

If Hubby INSISTS on increasing your stash, may I suggest knit picks http://www.knitpicks.com/yarns/yarn_home.aspx for some REALLY nice yarn - and the prices aren't horrendous... I didn't say CHEAP, I said not horrendous. I purchased this kit http://www.knitpicks.com/tools/itemid_40031/tools_display.aspx and it gave a lovely selection of their different yarns, all coordianted, of course, and not a loser in the bunch. My very favorite was one called Suri Dream - a most lovely wool/alpaca blend and just a pleasure to work with.

I also LOVE getting hand-dyed yarn from this one seller on eBay (I'm sure there's lots of good sellers, but I've had enough experience to recommend this one with confidence) http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmystical-creation-yarnsQQhtZ-1 If you buy from this seller it comes in hanks so you'll need to wind it into balls... a good excuse to get a yarn swift and a ball winder:D ... or just get a ball winder and make DH stand their holding the hank of yarn so it doesn't tangle...

:manyheart I LOVE YARN:manyheart

An Italian cook???? Bestill my beating heart! And chocolate mousse too??? HEAVEN! I think communal stash sounds nice, don't you? Like a VILLAGE!!!!!:manyheart

Yep...and I do everything from scratch too!!! Got the family recipes from several generations back and everything LOL!!:D

Jessie

The Peruvian wools on Knit Picks really caught my eye. Ah heck, I'll admit it, I want all the wool I saw there :dreaming And those hand-dyed wools on eBay are beautiful, especially the purples and earthy colours. Speaking of purples, I hope he remembers to pick me up that extra ball or two of Caron SS I need to finish off my rectangle shawl. He tried to help the other day but picked up the wrong colour because he forgot to take the paper band from the wool with him. He said he'd take back the Caron SS Orchid but I told him it was okay, I needed a new pair of slippers anyways :devil

Jessie's right, how's that vent-ghan going? We haven't seen hide nor hair of it since you got your material buying privileges returned. I've been looking forward to hearing about the reaction your hubby will have when he finds out it gets a permenant home on his sofa.

:hug and :cchip

Auntie K

P.S. I think I should've explored the extra smilies earlier :D

P.P.S. Hurray! Hubby came home with the two extra balls of Caron SS Grape I'm using for my Twilight Shells Shawl. He also picked me up a skien of Red Heart Camo so I can work on a poncho for my middle daughter. She loves camo the way we love crocheting.

But what about the vent-ghan??? I'm really curious....

Jessie

The ventghan will become a community thing... anyone whose having a bad crochet day, or bad hair day, or a hang nail or whatever, can pick up the ventghan, add a couple ugly rows... we'll make it large enough to stretch around the house and keep everybody warm... it will have so many colors that if anyone spills spagetti sauce on it, no one will know!

Yep...and I do everything from scratch too!!! Got the family recipes from several generations back and everything LOL!!:D

Jessie

EVERYTHING FROM SCRATCH????!!!!!! When are you arriving? I'll pick you up at the airport! OH, this is so exciting! I love Italian food! We went to an Italian restaurant for Thanksgiving!!!!!

funkyreporter- congrats on the lifting of the yarn restriction! You came back with a major haul too...I'm loving the colors of the Colinette yarn...and the ocean-colored yarn...okay fine, I love it all. :lol

Its too bad we live like 3000 miles away from each other...we could SOOOOO...hang out after work...We could put our jammies on...from what I understand, I WILL do the COOKING...

Shelly can do all the cooking and I'll handle the baking.

Can I come and hang too?? I have the deeply instilled need to feed everyone I like (I grew up in a very Italian household LOL) and love to bake too...plus I can make all the chocolate mousse that everyone can eat!!!

Okay, I'm drooling over here. We may have to nag Amy(yarnaholic) about a recipe swap some time next year!

I would love to join a recipe swap! Especially if Jessie tosses in the recipe for chocolate mousse *wink wink, nudge nudge* I'm sure I could find some of my favorite recipes to share with the world.

And yes Funky, all is right with the world. I have enough to finish my shawl and the added bonus of camo wool for my daughter. I found a lovely turtleneck pull-over in my pattern stash so I think I'll do that with a matching beret. The hard part will be making it in time for her birthday in January without her seeing wool since she often raids my stash to practice the stitches I taught her.

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

EVERYTHING FROM SCRATCH????!!!!!! When are you arriving? I'll pick you up at the airport! OH, this is so exciting! I love Italian food! We went to an Italian restaurant for Thanksgiving!!!!!

Yep...for our Turkey Day I baked 11 dozen cookies (4 different kinds), 2 apple pies, an applesauce spice cake...and did the mousse...and (for any who have sugar issues) I did it all with Splenda as my DH & mom both can't have sugar...I love to cook & bake LOL....

So now Ah Leah can work on the ventghan when she's home?? Anyone else in the household crochet?? Or by community project did you mean that the comfortghan will be shipped from C'ville home to C'ville home until it's completed???

Jessie

I would love to join a recipe swap! Especially if Jessie tosses in the recipe for chocolate mousse *wink wink, nudge nudge*

Oh, I'd be happy to share...and it's really simple too!! Shall I post it here, or should I just PM you???

Jessie

Yep...for our Turkey Day I baked 11 dozen cookies (4 different kinds), 2 apple pies, an applesauce spice cake...and did the mousse...and (for any who have sugar issues) I did it all with Splenda as my DH & mom both can't have sugar...I love to cook & bake LOL....

wow, all that with splenda?? please send me the recipes! I was diagnosed with diabetes earlier this year so I can't really have sugar and I am having the hardest time finding yummy sugar-free dessert recipes...

Good news! I've cleared it with hubby and I'M ADOPTING ALL OF YOU! So everyone pack up and come live with me. Got a lot of bedrooms and we're a cozy bunch so things should work out well. I have teenagers and a hubby that like to listen to really loud music all the time. Also I talk in my sleep. Oh, and we only have two bathrooms but we do have four or five bedrooms... what else? I love watching crime shows and I put my jammies on as soon as I get home from work... so, yeah. If you can put up with that, then gather your hooks and yarn and come on over for a spell!:devil

I'd love to come live with you for a while! :P All that pretty yarn and so much of it too! I love really loud music, I shared a bathroom with 7 other girls last year so sharing bathrooms is no biggie, I talk in my sleep and I love crime shows as well - I'd fit right in... :D:lol

Jessie

I do my cookie baking at Xmas time...(7 different kinds, plus gingerbread and other cakes)..thank goodness I have off the week b4 Xmas. And we definitely have to do the swap! I think I'm going to be emailing Amy this week... and then we can send Paulette all the cookies....

I'd love to come live with you for a while! :P All that pretty yarn and so much of it too! I love really loud music, I shared a bathroom with 7 other girls last year so sharing bathrooms is no biggie, I talk in my sleep and I love crime shows as well - I'd fit right in... :D:lol

Crime shows? Dibs on Christopher Meloni! :lol

oooh, oooh, can I come too? For those who want a break from crime, I have a 700+ movie collection. Technically, it's me and the bf's (ok, way over half are his movies) but we could "rent" them from him. Maybe even after asking :)

I'm not a great from scratch italian cook with a killer mousse recipe like Jessie, but I'm trying my skillz on lots of low-fat recipes so we would have more caloric room for that mousse! I looooove the slow cooker- quantity cooker for crafty crocheters that makes the house smell deeelicious :)

And I just baked 21 loaves of quickbread (choc chip pumpkin, zucchini, cranberry apple, banana nut)...should I bring that as an entry fee? Please?

OH YES! A recipe swap would be awesome! :yay I just picked up a couple of great simple recipies over the holidays...I'd love a forum to share.

Its probably a far fetched thought...cuz I know many of us are on a budget and international etc...but imagine a Chrochetville conference...or a giant SNBfest? We could "hook"-up in some exciting yet cost effective location...like...oklahoma!!! And stitch for a few days...wouldn't that be great?

wow, all that with splenda?? please send me the recipes! I was diagnosed with diabetes earlier this year so I can't really have sugar and I am having the hardest time finding yummy sugar-free dessert recipes...

Ankey..you can use Splenda in any regular recipe!!! I used my family recipes, just subbed the sugar for Splenda and honestly, no-one could tell the difference!! And there's Splenda Brown Sugar too!! Used that in a couple of my cookies....for Splenda/regular sugar, you use the same amount of Splenda as you would use sugar (1 cup sugar = 1 cup Splenda) but for the brown sugar, it's half (1 cup brown sugar = 1/2 cup Splenda brown sugar) and it packs just like regular brown sugar too!!

My mom is diabetic and my DH has IBS that is triggered by sugar, so I made everything for Thanksgiving with Splenda to make sure that they'd both be able to enjoy their favorites and not pay for them later.

Brandybuck....I do the baking at Christmas too!! And since I don't host that holiday, I usually do more baking for it (instead of making the turkey & the sides, I bake more LOL)....there were 4 or 5 other cookies that I just knew I wouldn't have time to make, but I'll be making them later this month LOL!!

Phoenix...want to share some of those lo-cal recipes?? I'm really trying to lose weight and have quite a lot to go....:scrachin

Shellybrook...I'd LOVE to be able to meet all of you wonderful folks in person!!! It would probably be a few years before I could actually make it, but I think an annual international C'ville convention would totally rock!!!

OK...so what steps need to be taken to get a recipe swap going?? Who do we need to PM to suggest it??? I don't know how these things work.....

And I totally agree that we should take pity on Funky's fam and send them the goodies we all bake and cook up from the recipe swap...maybe she could even get credit for KP for it LOL!!!

Jessie

Jessie

Paulette, Congrats on the new additions to your stash, plus your BEAUTIFUL fo's too.

Jessie, you live just about 20 mins. from me, I'm in Coventry. Maybe we can start a "satellite" Funkyreporter house here in CT. Kind of like an East Coast/West Coast thing. :fork We can cook & overnight the finished product to Paulette in CA. :mail I'll bring my jammies & hubby's italian gramma's home-made ravioli recipe. :dreamingI love CSI, Without a Trace & all Law and Order shows. Whadda you say??

I say we'll have to plan a get together Andi!!! Yippee!!! Never got into the L&O, but I'm hooked on all the CSI's, NCIS, Cold Case, Without a Trace...I pretty much watch all CBS shows at night except for Thursdays cause I've got to get my Grey's fix...and I'm so happy that I can still watch the CSI from Thursday with the OnDemand thingy!! I was very upset when I thought I'd have to choose between Grissom & McDreamy and then I found out I didn't have to!!! :D

It would probably have to wait til after the holidays, but PM me and we'll co-ordinate schedules!!!

Jessie

Either or for the recipe is fine with me Jessie. I'm sure there's many a choco-holic on this forum besides me that would love that mousse recipe ^.^ What sort of recipe are you seeking in return? I have a bunch I inherited from my nana a few years ago and I'm more then willing to share.

Archived