How Many Skeins and Best Prices/Sales?

Although I'm not a big fan of Homespun (it always seems to develop dreadlocks), I have at least two full sized rectangle grannies I need to make for Christmas. Does anyone know:

1. Approx how many skeins I would need?

And

2. Who has the best price this next week or so?

THANKS!

ETA: I mean I need to make a couple of Erin Lindsey's Rectangle Ghans. I need it to be larger than a throw....so I'm guesstimating big enough for about a full sized bed. Sorry for the confusion.

I don't know as far as sales goes, but Jo-Anns is your best bet. You can use coupons from the circular, from on-line and all comp coupons so you could really get what you need for a small price.

Also, check the clearance bins at Wal-Mart. My Wal-Mart has Homespun as well as a few others on clearance for $1-3 a skein! I cleared them out of Homespun and Symphony!!! You never know what you'll find! GOOD LUCK!

P.S. I absolutely love Homespun! It's hard to go back to Red Heart SS after using it!

Hi.

If you have a Hobby Lobby around, check out their prices. Give them a call if you don't have time to run there. Sometimes, their regular prices are at or below the JoAnn's with a coupon. Also, the Baby Clouds yarn is on sale this week for $2.44. You may want to check that out. They have another yarn in the same catagory and it is also the same price. I just forgot the name of it.

As for how many, it depends on how big the squares are, how many colors per square, etc.

Check out the website and find a pattern to start with.

Good luck. And Happy Crocheting Holidays!

:manyheart

Hi.

If you have a Hobby Lobby around, check out their prices. Give them a call if you don't have time to run there. Sometimes, their regular prices are at or below the JoAnn's with a coupon. Also, the Baby Clouds yarn is on sale this week for $2.44. You may want to check that out. They have another yarn in the same catagory and it is also the same price. I just forgot the name of it.

Do you know how Baby Clouds or Light and Lofty wears? Does it get dreadlocks like Homespun? TIA....

ARGH!

Not only did my HL only have two or three skeins of the ugliest colors in Light & Lofty, but it also felt really plastic-ish to the touch. Granted, it may have been the dye lot, but when I rubbed the yarn (to see how it would wear) it developed a 1/2 inch fuzzy halo. *sigh* :worried

Maybe I'm just too picky. However, I did find a Yarn Bee substitute, Angel Fleece I think, that looked promising, but e-x-p-e-n-s-i-v-e.

Archived