Shawls

Lillie

I enjoy making shawls.

Fun to make, nice to wear.

Here are three I have made.

I love this one, I wear it a lot.

blackshawl-1.jpg

This one is also mine, but I on't wear it as often. It's a bit smaller than the first one.

pinkshawl-1.jpg

This one is a gift for a friend.

whiteshawl-1.jpg

I have done a couple of others as gifts, but never took pics of them.

A salmon pink one for my Mother in Law, and a green one for my Mom.

Both of them were like the pink one shown here, a basic filet design with flowers.

They arn't half hard to take pictures of.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you all for your kind words.

The butterfly one.

Well, he whole thing is made up of bits.

I got the butterfly from one place, then flowers from otherplaces, and connected them up with the curly leaf bits.

I have a few filet butterfly patterns.

I could dig them out if you like.

They will be grid diagrams.

Let me know and I'll see what I can find.

Where did you find the pattern for your black shawl? It's so lovely!! I'd like to work it sometime!! :manyheart

Thanks.

I just made it up really.the body of it is a simple filet mesh, with a repeating geometric pattern.

You can probably see how to do it pretty easy.

This is how I do all of them.

I start by doing the top band. This shows up best in the pink one.

I do 11 chain, then 3 for the first treble. (but most of you here will call it a double! What terminology should I use?)

Then treble (double) into next chain, chain 3, skipping 3 chain. Treble (double) into next chain. 3 chain, skipping 3 chain, Treble (double) into next chain, treble (double) into last chain.

With the next row you do the same but do three treble (double) into the middle and lessen the chains accordingly on each side.

Next row the same, but do 5 treble (double) into the centre bit with same adjustment of chains.

Then next row go back to 3 in the middle, then 1 for the next row, then three, then five.

See? does that make sense? It's like filet, but a little different in the counting. But essentially the same principal.

When you have it half as long as you want, taper it off anyway that seems right.

Then go back to where you begun and work the same in the opposite direction.

Till you have a long thing tapered at each end.

Then go all the way round binding it with doubles (singles)

Then drop the filet mesh down from it. Doing either 4 chain, or a double teble (treble) at the begining and end, to make the diagonal reduction.

Work whatever filet pattern you like and when you get to the point at the end fasten off.

Then go all round that doing doubles (singles)

Then go all gound and back and rund and back putting on what ever frilly fancy edge takes your fancy.

Then it's done.

If you look at the pictue of the pink one it shows it best.

I love your shawls. I too love them. I like the pink one with the butterfly the most. I made a shawl with roses in it once. I gave it away I think.

You do beautiful work. :yespinkroses

WOW your shawls are beautiful... Shawls are my passion. I have three different ones started right now. I have never attempted a filet one yet. Maybe this winter I will give one a try. Yours sure is pretty.

Is the black one you own design or could I find it somewhere?

Thanks for sharing.

Archived