wool festival in rhinbeck ny

crochetdreams

They had the wool fest this weekend and i finally got to go to one.

did anyone else attend? it was great! so much fibre so little time lol:eek i purchased a few things not much though. i just loved looking at all the wonderful colors etc. felt like i was in heaven :manyheart there was so much to see we spent 5 hours just walking around and we still didint see it all.they had so much going on lol next time im getting the 2 day pass

well gotta get back to work happy crocheting to all

Dee

yes, Dee, you are aware of all this type stuff, do you mind letting us know when and where the next ones are up here? Thanks

She knows about this stuff

LOL

Hey did you go last Monday to the stitch n group in walden?

:cry I'm sad. Rhinebeck is one of my very favorite places in the world. When I lived in NYC I used to go to Rhinebeck every year for New Years. I love Rhinebeck. I love Yarn. I feel so far away.

:cry I'm sad. Rhinebeck is one of my very favorite places in the world. When I lived in NYC I used to go to Rhinebeck every year for New Years. I love Rhinebeck. I love Yarn. I feel so far away.

Rheinbeck IS nice, isn't it? I don't get to go much any more since I moved to Long Island myself. Kristin and Cindy, if you go next year, please make a post here beforehand...I would love to join.

Rheinbeck IS nice, isn't it? I don't get to go much any more since I moved to Long Island myself. Kristin and Cindy, if you go next year, please make a post here beforehand...I would love to join.

Sure! The only problem is that someone would have to tell me!! Lol.

OOOOHHH...ME TOO!

Where in Rhinebeck was this? Where did you learn about it Dee? I work in Dutchess County, I usually get word of "happenings" up in Rhinebeck at work, but I knew nothing of this. Is there a way we can be sure not to miss it next year?

I have to say...the Mid-Hudson Valley area is probably one of the WORST places to live as far as income vs. cost of living...but...we do have some really spectacular small towns/villages landmarks...and OH...has anyone noticed the tapestries we call mountains over the past week? I've had the pleasure of taking in the view across the river from the Culinary Institute in Hyde Park this week...it was just majestic!

OOOOHHH...ME TOO!

Where in Rhinebeck was this?

The New York Sheep and Wool is held every October at the Dutchess County Fairgrounds. The website is www.sheepandwool.com you can check there for next years dates. I check often, so when I see them I'll post. If you're anywhere near the area I would highly recommend it! :cheer There is so much to see!

and OH...has anyone noticed the tapestries we call mountains over the past week? I've had the pleasure of taking in the view across the river from the Culinary Institute in Hyde Park this week...it was just majestic!

I take the Taconic to get to work, and it is absolutely gorgeous. Also, coming over the Newburgh Beacon bridge towards Newburgh everyday is really treat. Beautiful!!

Oh goodness yes, I am surrounded by 3 mountains, 2 very near to me, looking right out my front porch

it's so pretty out there each and every day.

I always take the time to take in the view

I was there Sunday and had a blast. Here I was trying not to spend too much money on yarn, and then I went and bought an angora rabbit to spin from! His name is Cameron and he is gorgeous - pix on my blog if anyone is interested (www.alpacaaddict.blogspot.com)

I heard Saturday was a crush of people - they told me at the door it was their biggest day ever so far as attendance goes.

We loved the "Leaping Llama" contest and all the animals in the barns. And my daughter enjoys the Gem and Mineral building. And I of couse just run around and fondle fibers. Anyway, if anyone lives nearby I highly recommend it for next year - I mark it on my calendar as soon as they announce the dates!

MBT - your new bun is so cute!!! I hope you will post about your angora bunny yarn making experiences!

Whereabouts is Rhinebeck in NY? Is it very far from the MA/CT border? It sounds like it should be in Germany.

Im sorry i thought everyone new about it. its such a big event they some times have one in the spring too. if the do ill post to let everyone know. it would be so great to meet up there.i seen people wearing tags that said things like members of this or that web group all over the place :)

we could do something like that lol wel i gotta get back to work

happy day to all

Dee

The treasure barn in walden, on rt 52

they sell craft supplies and have a get together on monday nights at 7 for free, they also have classes for a small fee that includes materials.

Archived