Black Witch's Hat (Adult size)

diamond

Here's a my black witch's hat that I came up with yesterday & finished this morning. Pattern is hand written and will be posted soon. I hope you all like. The pattern is for an adult size head but can easily be adapted for smaller heads. Made with Caron Perfect Match in black (of course) and a Susan Bates USH8/5.00MM hook. Caron Perfect Match is a medium 4 yarn. I considered putting hat wire around the edge of the brim for stability but I kind of like it floppy. What do you think? Floppy or stable?

The pattern is easy to do and took me just a couple of hours to create, write, frog, crochet, rewrite. So I'm thinking, with the hard part done, it could easily be done in an hour or so. I used a store bought hat as my guide although the point isn't as tall and the brim as wide. Enjoy!

witchhatcm0.th.jpg

Image clickable for larger viewing.

For more photos, go to

http://homepage.mac.com/coxsalida/PhotoAlbum43.html

Mary Jo, to make the brim stable, single crochet hat wire around the brim. Use hat wire end caps to hold the two ends together. I'm off to make another and it will have the hat wire added. Will post picture with the hat wire when done. Should go quickly now that the written part is done.

• 2 weeks later...
A little late, I know, but I just wanted to thank you for sharing this pattern. I made it for myself for my Halloween costume, and your instructions were super easy to follow. My hat came out beautiful!!

Glad to hear the pattern was easy to follow.

• 3 weeks later...

Diamond, thank you for such an awesome pattern! I made one up in no time for my SIL for Christmas! I can't wait to give it to her. I can't post it to my blog yet because she'll see it! lol

Archived