Now this is just ridiculous...

Donna,

I figured that is the one you ment. I asked my DH if he would use that (he is an avid fisherman and hunter-outdoorsman) and his reply was, "No self respecting fisherman would use that." He went into some detail after that comment, about why it would not be effective.

:cheer I think it would make a great zipper pull to go on the Fishing Rod bag. No hook though.

I think it would be too heavy to use as a lure, especially after it got wet and droopy.

Have fun.

Colleen.:hug

I just saw that yesterday, too, and thought it would make a great cat toy!

A fishing lure - not so much. But then, I'm sure I've crocheted or will crochet something someone else will find utterly silly!

Which one are you talking about? The fishing lure?

Golly you just never know but somebody might!

Crochet food is the thing that I think is strange to crochet. Yet people crochet all kinds of foods, vegetables, fruit, pizza, hamburgers, hot dogs, bacon & eggs, etc.

Nothing wrong with making things like that, but I like to crochet things that are practical, like things to wear and afghans that keep you warm and things you can use like potholders and dishcloths.

just goes to show you, anything can be crocheted! Though it does seem that one wouldn't want to put too much effort into it... I suppose a knot of yarn would have the same effect once it got wet... mabye some Fun Fur:devil

I'm totally going to crochet these quirky and kitschsy veggies from a pamphlet my Grandma has.

They are total kitsch - no doubt about it - but they are right within the line of not being tragic crochet (crocheted tissue box covers with 13,394 Irish rose appliques are tragic, for example). They are >< that close to being over the line, but displayed properly and with the right attitude, crocheted veggies can be cute.

I saw a hat pattern the other day that, when worn, gave the impression that the person wearing it was a flower of some sort. Deliberately.

It was what I refer to as an "Oh no, Grandma's made us presents again" pattern, as opposed to "Awesome, Grandma's made us presents again", lol!

I'm totally going to crochet these quirky and kitschsy veggies from a pamphlet my Grandma has.

They are total kitsch - no doubt about it - but they are right within the line of not being tragic crochet (crocheted tissue box covers with 13,394 Irish rose appliques are tragic, for example). They are >< that close to being over the line, but displayed properly and with the right attitude, crocheted veggies can be cute.

I saw a hat pattern the other day that, when worn, gave the impression that the person wearing it was a flower of some sort. Deliberately.

It was what I refer to as an "Oh no, Grandma's made us presents again" pattern, as opposed to "Awesome, Grandma's made us presents again", lol!

Boy is my face red!:2blush:rofl:slipper

I'd make that for my husband (a champion Northern Pike Fisherman) - as a zipper pull, tree ornament, etc. - he'd get a kick out of it - no practical use for it, but ornamentation, Yes!

Archived