Great find in the "knitting" section

Today I drove up to the Western part of Virginia to the Green Valley Book Fair. This is a huge book fair that they have a couple of times throughout the year and they have a wide variety of all kinds of books. I haven't been since I've gotten back into crochet so I was excited to see what their crochet book/pattern selection was going to be like.

I went to the craft section and saw the sign for knitting, so I figured the crochet section would be close by. Boy was I wrong... the "knitting" section had 1 knitting book and all the rest were crochet! :lol Oh, well, even though the sign was wrong, they had some great buys. They also had a section of all varieties of craft pattern leaflets for $1.50 each. I didn't look through all of these, but probably 3/4 of them.

Here's what I ended up with:

- Country Afghans: The Vanessa-Ann Collection (published by Oxmoor House in 1994). This book has lots of great afghan patterns, most of which are based on quilt patterns - my favorite kind :manyheart

- Strawberry Shortcake Crochet Dolls leaflet

- Annie's Attic Crochet Belts & Bags

- Leisure Arts Must Have Bags

- Leisure Arts Afghans of Choice

- Vanna's Favorite Crochet Gifts

- Total Crochet Fashions by Gayle Bunn

I also picked up a cross-stitch pattern leaflet.

And I got all of this for a grand total of $23!! Not too shabby considering the Crochet Fasions book alone would have cost $21 retail.

Now the only problem is to find a place to hide them so that I won't be tempted to start a new project. I really need to focus on the Christmas gifts that I'm working on so that they'll be done in time.

Archived