Sign in to follow this  
ShannonCC

EASY sweaters for kids

Question

I'm looking for easy sweaters for kids (I've only done two sweaters ever and they were both 10+ years ago).

Or is there a way someone could help me figure out how to make the Baby It's Cold Outside sweater for an older child?

I want to make three sweaters for kids age 1, 2 and 3. It can't be anything complicated because I have kids and they suck my brain cells dry on a regular basis :manyheart

2 answers to this question

Hi Shannon, This is what I would do to make a larger sized Baby, Its cold outside sweater. In the original instructions to go from a size 6 months to size 12 months you start out with a beginning chain that is 3 chains longer. So to do a sweater the next size up I would do a beginning chain 6 chains longer that the original chain. Further on in the instructions, where it says to complete 2 more rows for the 12 months size, I would complete a total of 4 more rows. Do you see what I'm getting at? I would just increase in the same multiples throughout the pattern. I hope that makes some sense.

Karin

Karen, Thanks so much for these instructions. I wanted to make one of these sweaters for a first birthday gift. Now I think I have the way to get it done. :yes