Are Shrugs still in for teenage girls?

I'm making Tepper's Shrugalicious (sp?) shrug for my 15 year old granddaughter, but am having doubts that they may be "out" this year. :think I love being the Grandma who crochets and bakes, but don't want to be the one that makes useless sweaters no none will wear! :eek

If I was in this situation, I would let her see it while I was working on it (or a picture of it) and then guage her reaction. Some teens don't care what's in or out, they dress to suit their tastes, not the taste of others.

They are still so totally in. Every day I take my boys to school (high school) I see one out of 4 girls wearing a shrug...and when the weather got a little cooler...it was even MORE.

Yes...they are in.

I work at a library and I still see quite a few teenage girls wearing shrugs. But, like krzykajun said, it's a matter of taste and some girls will wear what they like regardless of what's in fashion.

BTW, how's the weather down in Cajun country kajun? I miss Lafayette, especially during the winters up here.

Thanks everyone - I also polled the women at work who have teenage daughters, my other daughter-in-law, and assorted other people of various ages - I guess they are still in in Colorado as well - as long as the person actually liked the style in the first place. This shrug is turing out so cute that I'm tempted to keep it myself anyway :devil

No - I'll give it to her, and make another for me

Thanks again - this board is the BEST!:manyheart

Archived