Do you dream in crochet?

Gretchen

OK, I swear to you I dreamed of crochet last night. Which is odd, because I rarely remember my dreams anyway. In my dream, I was felting, which I haven't even tried in real life yet! I was just thinking about which wool yarn colors to buy last night, it must have stuck in my brain. It made me wonder - how many of you crochet in your dreams? :manyheart:yarn

I design in my dreams.

It has gotten so bad, I keep a notebook in my bathroom.

When I wake up in the middle of the night, I go in there and write down my ideas.

This is where 99% of my ideas come from, so it isnt a bad thing I guess!

:)

I sometimes dream about a crochet project. Mine aren't about a pattern, mostly of what color yarn to use & which ones go good together.

For a month during the summertime, I couldn't sleep restfully cuz' I couldn't decide on what baby shower favor to crochet. But then I finally decided and now sleep restfully.

That's my story of crochet dreams.

jaye

I often dream of crochet, but that's probably because I literally go to sleep by counting stitches. I mentally choose a hook and yarn, and concentrate on full visualizing each stitch - chaining and coming back. I usually use a chainless foundation row, and a double crochet. :U

When I was in ad school, I would always think of my best ads during a nap; I joked my office would have to have a couch in it. I guess old habits die hard!!

Unfortunately, there are nights when my brain decides to wrok out in my head just how exactly I should go about making a particular new item, whether I want to think about it or not....I try to let my mind wander, only to suddenly realize that I'm fixating on a design in my head....that's keep me awake for an hour or so in the evenings sometimes....

Other than that, there are times I'll wake up with an image from my dreams (sort of like a freeze-frame snapshot) of me crochetting or (dare it say it??) knitting....especially if it's one of those dreams where I'm there but not as myself things, so I'll have a mental image of someone else that I've never seen, but at the same time know that was me in the dream, crochetting or knitting.....it can be odd at times LOL...

Jessie

I have been dreaming about the 65 crocheted bunny magnets I have to finish for teacher appreciation, and the 27 little pumpkin-treat holders-I have to finish for my youngests fall celebration.

I often dream about things that I NEED to accomplish, and here lately there has been a great deal of crochet that I NEED to complete, so my dreams have been of crochet. But what wonderful dreams!!!

oh my god. i'm so glad i'm not the only one. i thought i was so weird for doing this. while i'm laying there trying to fall asleep, i ALWAYS end up thinking about what yarn i want to buy next, what pattern i'm going to tackle next, how cute this will look when i'm done, or i just mentally go over the stitches or motions.

• 3 months later...

I dream about crochet, normally something that i have been having troubles with, its like i practice in my sleep then the next time i try it, I normally have it down pat, that addage about sleeping on your problems actually works for me.lol.

I have about this poor butterfly. The poor thing is stuck in an other pattern. I see her fly, and I see her when I make this snowflake. I know this sounds quite odd but I want to set her free.

ooooh .. you got me from the hand that aches ..

i dream in crochet when iam facing a trouble in doing something in crochet .. i dream of the solution and i talk to myself when iam a sleep cheering myself to do it coz you iam going to do it means iam going to so it .. so i wake up and try to do it .. and i do it :hook

I have dreamed of both crochet and knitting, explicit patterns instructions even! I have also nodded off while crocheting, just for a second, and apparently did not stop hooking during the episode. Now that's pityful! Actually crocheting in my sleep!

I dream about crochet when I am working on a new design, can't decide what color to use, or how to finish a piece. I like how it all comes together in my sleep, but I always have to get up and write it down so I can go back to sleep, lol. My DH thinks I'm nuts when it happens but I know other women who dream crochet too.

CarolAnn

Archived