Baby gift

I recently had a friend ask if I would make her a baby blanket for a gift for her sister. I told her I always wash the gifts before I give them up, in baby detergent. She asked me not to wash them, because she wants the gift to smell like a baby (baby powder) when her sister opens it, so my question is... Does anyone have any ideas of how to make the blanket smell like baby powder? I thought just having her sprinkle a little baby powder on the bottom of the box she is gifting, but I didn't know if that would do anything to the blanket.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

Val

My husband said that there is an aerosol baby powder spray that you can buy. His platoon used it for their feet to help keep them dry. Maybe that would work for you?

often a sprinkle of something scented (even baby powder) into the bootom of a box, cover in tissue paper and place gift in, the add the lid, will allow the scent to permeate without dirtying the item

My husband said that there is an aerosol baby powder spray that you can buy. His platoon used it for their feet to help keep them dry. Maybe that would work for you?

I'll check into this, if I can't find it then maybe I'll do the other suggestion. Thank you!

Val

try some lavender. either a few drops on a tissue or a sachet. That smells nice. I am sure you can also find baby scented oil in the soapmaking part of your craft store and do the same with.

What about a dryer sheet? Put it in the bottom of the box and the gift will smell great.

I do this all the time.

:manyheart

Try Purex brand baby detergent. It smells like baby powder. It's what I use when I wash the baby things I give away. It's not a super strong smell, but it's very pleasant and light.

First of all, I have never purchased any yarn (baby or otherwise) that smelled like a baby????? I wash all my baby articles in baby detergent, and the come out fine. I did however, on the last one I made, sprinkle a little baby powder on the blanket.

Debbie

I always put a dryer sheet in the gift bag with baby quilts and afghans and then remove it before giving it away. I can't remember offhand which brand or scent it is that I prefer, but there's one that smells like baby powder. Take a walk down the laundry aisle and sniff boxes until you find one you like.;)

Archived