NEW Simply Creative Crochet Magazine

MyGirlFriday

While getting grocerys tonight I picked up a new crochet magazine! This one is by Better Homes and Gardens~

Flipping thru I noticed a few goodies that caught my eye~

:yay A pretty sweater worked up in shaded of brown with bell sleeves!!

:drool A yummy thread shrug that is lacey with ruffles too!

:bheart A beautiful thread skirt~love that!!

:jumpyay 2 jackets that are really pretty!! One lacey and the other in hd and single crochet~

3 Cuddly critters~ :elle an elephant, lion and hippo

:ctree and lastly some goodies for Christmas~:sheepxmas

Has anyone else seen this one???

mgf~:yay

WoW! I will be on the look out for this, BUT in my neck of the woods these mags are near impossible to find...humppppppp..I will look though, I KNOW I would love it...

I looked for this magazine at A.C. Moore, Michael's and two supermarkets and couldn't find it. I found every other flavor of Better Homes and Gardens magazine, though!

Actual news stand date for the new issue is October 24th, so not everyone will have it out yet. I don't even have my contributors copy yet, and I wrote one of the articles!

Can't wait to see it, glad to hear it looks good to you.

MBT, thanks for letting us know! I thought it was a case of crochet magazine snobbery at my local establishments. I cornered the magazine lady today at a local supermarket and asked her about it. She thought I said "Better Homes and Gardens, per se" instead of "crochet", so she ran down and got the regular magazine. Got my hopes up and everything.

But then she was nice enough to run down her list of mags to see if it was there. Let's see, they had BHG Appetizers, Kitchens, Gardens, Holiday, Underwater Basketweaving. Well, OK, they didn't have that last one, but you get the drift. But no crochet. Now I know better, thanks to MBT. Four more days to go. I hope I like what I see after all this hunting! Actually, I have to get it now, so I can read MBT's article!

That was a cute article!! I believe that was the title of it too!!:clap

I also picked up the new Crochet Today magazine tonight at Michaels~used my 40% coupon on that one.

Maybe I will start a thread on the items I like in it~:think

mgf~:yay

I found the BHG Crochet mag in Northern Ohio today - but not at any JoAnn's yet. Saw it in the grocery store and discount store. Bought it and saving it as my Sunday reading treat! If I can wait that long!

Drew~

I believe the Crochet Today issue is Oct/Nov but I don't recall the other one having any thing on it about the issue only to display until Jan 2007~

On the cover is a lady w/ white scarf and hat.

Hope that helps!

mgf~:)

I can't believe there's hardly any reviews here other than "I got it".

Page 11, Blog Bling mentions Crochetville and especially the community college, Show and Tell, crochet-alongs, and the Clinic. Gave the URL.

It also mentions Dot Matthew and gives her blog URL.

I know a lot people pass on this magazine but I know a lot pick it up. I think it's middle of the road enough for most everyone.

My favorites are:

The long sweater coat

The sweater with bell sleaves (not sure about the bell sleeves though lol)

The Embellishing/transforming regular shirts, skirts, and tees

The little girl's blanket and pillow

Little girl's sweater

Snowflakes

Floral afgan in the very back

Oh there is a zip up man's jacket for all of you that have been looking for something for men. Plus another tie.

Is this the October/November issue y'all are talking about?

No Drew this is the Better Homes and Gardens Crochet that's put out every fall.

I first saw this magazine at B&N last night and again at WM today. What's preventing me from grabbing it and taking it home? Nothing really jumped out at me I guess and I have way too many wips, books, etc. So, knowing this, I still might go get it:lol

I was at Barnes and Noble yesterday and there was only one copy, which I immediately picked up and bought. I like the patterns in it, they are not as "over the top" that some of the regular crochet magazines seem to feature and for what I like to do, they are perfect.

LI Roe

Yes, I think it is worth buying...The sweater with bell sleeves is really nice and the baby sweaters are great...If I think at least two things are makeable, I will buy it even if I have to put them way down on my to-do list because I have so many already...

I can't find this magazine I called Books-a-million, Hobby Lobby, went by Food Lion and Walmart and no luck:angry I guess I will have to wait until I make my weekend trip to Greensboro and hope I can find it at A.C. Moore or Barnes & Nobles. I really like the looks of both magazines I checked them out online, I hope I don't have to order them online. Theresa from NC

Archived