Ugly Duckling HELP!!

Has anyone made this UGLY DUCKLING pattern? If you have, can you please post a picture of his backside? I am extremely confused as to how his tail is supposed to look. The pattern really does not make sense and it definitely does not look right to me!!

http://www.freepatterns.com/fp_pdfs/Other/Crochet/The_Ugly_Duckling.pdf

This is the pattern I'm using. HELP ME PLEASE!

I'm sorry i have not made this before. However, I have printed patterns off "freepatterns.com" and had similar problems. I had problems with the crocheted babies. I did find the exact pattern on another web site and the directions were perfect! When i compared the two patterns it was remarkable the mistakes freepatterns printed. Try searching for the pattern somewhere else. Good luck!

I have made him a few times - but I have given them all away for baby gifts. What does your backside look like and maybe I can give you advice on what I did..? okay, that sounds really odd. You know what I mean though!

There is the round that tells you to skip 15 sc and then continue around with sc.

The remainder of the bottom of the duck is in rounds. What confuses me is that the 15 sc are supposed to make up the tail???? It doesn't look like a tail to me at all !! You are supposed to stitch that opening closed and stuff the duck. WHAT? It looks deformed. LOL I just don't understand. This was supposed to be a quick easy fun pattern and it has not turned out that way for me.

Archived