Need comfortghans for my BIL & his kids...

jessc031778

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Salos/Mary...Thanks, I received your squares today!!

I love seeing the different squares...bad reason for it, but this is a little bit like a birthday or something, I'm getting something in the mail everyday that's a treat to open...gives me something to smile about...thank you!!!!

Jessie

Ankey....no worries!! Thanks for helping me with this!!!

Sherri...I received your squares yesterday...beautiful!! Thank you!!

Danielle & Bonnie...received your package today...I'm speachless!!

I really can't express just how much this is helping me, and how much I know it will help my family members when they see these comfortghans...thank you all so very much!!

Jessie

Minwife...thank you, I'll keep an eye out!!

Mom w/a Motif....yes, if you'd like to help me with this, I'd really appreciate it. Drop me a PM when you're ready and I'll give you my mailing addy. Thank you!!!

Jessie

Hi all! OK, so since my SIL has survived both the surgeries she needed to get her long-term tubes set up, she's been steadily improving, awareness-wise...she's acting more and more like herself and has made the decision that she wants to keep the machines going. She's got one more surgery she has to have, to stabilize the bones in her neck, but it's looking good for her....

SO...I'd also like to make a comfortghan for her too now. It's looking very likely that she will survive all this, and especially since she will be bedridden I think a comfortghan will be all that more meaningful for her. And she's another tall person...about 5 ft 8 in....she's not really girly, but anything in a good strong color (not pastels) would work wonderfully for her.

Thank you all so much for helping me with this!!

Jessie

That's great news, Jessie! I was going to tell you in a PM but I'll just say it here.... When I was nine years old, I got hit by a car. My skull was fractured, my left collarbone was broken, and three vertebraes in my back were broken. I was in a coma for thirteen days. The doctors did not expect me to live, let alone walk. (That was back then, though- dumb doctors.) :lol Here I am today, walking, like nothing happened. I have a husband and three healthy (strappin'!) boys! I don't know if it will help; I mean everyone's situation is different, I know. But... :hug I also know a lot of times things work out. And it looks like things are working out for your SIL! I'm so happy for that! :manyheart

BTW I have LOTS of camo variegated yarn!! :P

Tina

Tina....that's amazing!! I've very happy that you proved all those docs wrong!!! Thank you so much for sharing that with me...it does help to know someone who bet the odds....

And camo is wonderful....I actually just found out from my MIL that my neice is one a camo kick lately, so it would actually work for 3 of the 4 comfortghans (my SIL isn't into camo LOL)!!

Jessie

I will have some squares going out in the mail on Monday. I am totally excited that your SIL is going to pull through this! What a wonderful miracle and it's awsome that she is beating all the odds that were against her! I am going to cheer her on for the best possible recovery!

:cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer

:hug

Daisy

Jessie, that is amazing news. I was getting all teary reading how your SIL is improving. What's more, it makes me feel so thankful that she wants to keep the machine going! I'm not one to judge what decision people make regarding situations like this, but it just makes me feel hopeful...

I'm really busy till Nov. 20th working on a project deadline at school, but if you still need squares after that time, please PM me.

Jessie,

I have 4, 12 inch squares. One is black and grey, one is blue, one is red heart ocean and the other is a purple and blue ombre. If these are acceptable let me know, give me your addy and I will send them.

Archived