Disable "save as"

OneCraftySAHM

Another thing, too. Even those who disable right click or hide their source code (which you can do), you can always download the entire page as a web document (which automatically saves a copy of everything visible on your webpage), or you can simply PrintScrn, which I use all the time to save images produced via Flash. Which reminds me, if you have a simple flash program, and post your pictures in a flash "movie," it makes it much more difficult for the "average" user to swipe your pictures. All told, I don't really think anyone is going to swipe pictures of your kids. Crochet designs, maybe, but not family pictures, especially with all the readily available pictures out there.

Can't add much to what has been said about disabling no right click, etc. Just wanted to share yet another way that people can get your photos that bypasses that code. All someone has to do is hit the "print screen" button on their keyboard and then paste into whatever paint or photo program they use.

Here are links to some easy tutorials on watermarking...I know you have and use photoshop which is the program they're using for the tuts.

Yup nothing says "newbie to the internet" faster than disabling right mouse or tons of flashing, blinking, moving things on the page. lol

Disabling right mouse is also inconsiderate of left handed people who've switched their settings around. ;)

There are several other ways to get your images besides what's mentioned.

Empress,

The funny thing is that I've been on the internet for years! LOL! However, this is my first time blogging so I am new to that! :lol Gosh, I seriously thought I was the coolest when I found that disable right click thing, :2rock. I mean, I still am cool but maybe just a less than before :rofl.

• 3 weeks later...

I actually used the code you gave us Jeanie, but then I started reading the whole thread and I just got rid of it lol I couldn't see any links for the watermark thing you guys use though:( I've never used one so could someone please tell me where to go?:)

Archived