1st Step of 12

leaukie

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome from WA.

After yarn:yarn , Crochetville has become my second addiction, followed by patterns, hooks:hook , and other fiber related objects (I am branching out to knitting bags, hook holders, and anything else I can find). It is a growing obsession.

:computeI find myself checking the new post on the 'Ville all day long...

Be careful. Just a warning! It could happen to you too.

steps.gifThe 12 Steps

1. We admitted we were powerless over our addiction - that our yarn stashes have become unmanageable
  2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity (its not in the LYS either)
  3. Made a decision to turn our UFO's and our WIP's over to the care of God as we understood God
  4. Made a searching and fearless inventory of our stash
  5. Admitted to to ourselves and to another Crochetville members the exact nature of our WIPs, UFO's and plans to complete them
  6. Were entirely ready to revele in all these defects of character
  7. Humbly asked other crafters to remove our unwanted projects in the form of swaps!
  8. Made a list of all WIPs and UFOs, and became willing to make timelines to finish them all
  9. Made direct amends (rip it) to such projects wherever possible, especially when we know we won't complete them.
  10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were underloaded, promptly admit it and take action by buying MORE YARN!!!!
  11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with other crafters as we understood these crazy Crochetville people, praying only for exchange of more patterns and ideas and the power to carry them out
  12. Having had a creative awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs

Welcome Charles,

I hope you like it here. I know I do. U seem like a cool person, so I made these steps to help you through the rest of the way. Good luck, I know I dont want help for my addiction!!!! :-)

Happy Hookin'

Melena

Thank you everyone for the welcome. I see that this is a forum not only with people who have a sense of humor but I am now thoroughly convinced that all of you are just as crazy as I am when it comes to CROCHETING. I love it. I hope to learn a lot from all of you and made a lot of new (and interesting) friends.:hook:lol

Charles

The Yarn Junky

Wow I too am a yarn, hook, and pattern addict. I am crocheting right now I can't stop..... My enabler(My crochet instructer friend) gave me 2 black plastic trash bags of yarn. I am told all left over from her completed projects from the last 30 years. The man of the house had a what the is that attack when he saw it. I can't even go into a craft store for simple things or I end up feeling the yarn. I think it is too late for any kind of help for any of us

:welcome from Central Kentucky. We all share in you addiction, so be prepared to ohh and ahhh over the latest pics of works posted, the yarn, patterns or hooks we just had to have, or the sales at michaels, joann, hobby lobby or anywhere else somebody finds a bargain. Be prepared to crochet between posts, because I think we all do it. :lol I am here several times a day (my current project is right beside me), and I know I am not the only one:hook Your addiction is about to go into overdrive. Hope you ready!

Valerie

Charles, I really do understand. You're not alone. I, too, keep buying more and more yarn, looking for more and more unusual yarns or massive amounts of 'regular' yarns. When i joined the Simply Soft Sage jacket crochet along I bought eight skeins of three different colors because I couldn't decide (had to stuff it behind a big chair so hubby wouldn't see). When I buy hand-dyed/hand-spun yarns I won't buy less than 1,500 feet if I can - afraid I won't have enough to make :think something. My hook collection is out of control: over a hundred, and hundreds of dollars invested... I have a larger book and pattern selection than the places where I shop and it it's hard to find anything new! Unfortunately my production is WAY down, and my WIP's are way up... my husband even commented recently that he hasn't seen anything come out of my 'crochet corner' in qutie a while.

Sadly, Charles, there IS NO CURE:no ... at least not here!

Welcome to the Village!

Welcome Charles!

Now take a deep breath and relax... everything is going to be fine... how much yarn do you have and have you started hiding it from your fiance yet??

Don't worry, we'll help you. We know all the good places to hide yarn, all the sales, and what to say when you get busted smuggling yarn into the house.

We're like the government... we're here to help...:devil

I think you all are better then the government with some of the stories I have read about stashing yarn.:lol The problem that I have is my fiance goes in every room so it's hard to be a double agent with my yarn. That's why I came here for training.:hook

Charles

Yarn Junky

First, :welcome , Charles, from Woodstock, Alabama. You've come to the right place. We are here to help you. Honest. :lashes

Second, Until you've stashed yarn in the :wbrr freezer because you know your SO never goes in there, you're OK.

Lastly, try talking the fiance into learning to crochet. If you get her hooked, uhh.. well, ok.. maybe two yarn junkies in one house is a bad idea. What if she starts digging in your stash? Oh geez. :eek Umm... excuse me while I run home and hide my hooks!

Archived