1st Step of 12

leaukie

Hello to everyone. My name is Charles. I'm 27 years old. And I'm a yarn junky. I first found out I had this problem about 5 years ago when I first learned to crochet. Now it has gotten out of control. It started with just 1 or 2 skeins of yarn here and there for small projects. But then I noticed that I couldn't stop buying more yarn. The more patterns I found the more yarn I bought. Even when there were no patterns I still bought yarn. Different colors different fabrics different weights I just couldn't stop. I found myself stashing yarns away in the house away from my fiance hoping she wouldn't figure out my problem but she eventually found out. And to make my problem worse she started buying yarn for projects she wanted me to make for her. Each day I search the net looking for new yarn to satisfy this craving for newer yarns. It really got bad when I started buying new yarns before I would finish a project, then I would start a new project with the new yarn and not finish the old project. When I'm at work all I think about is the next skein or book or hook set I can buy. It has consumed me. I am here to reach out for help. My name is Charles and I'm a Yarn Junky! :hook

Charles

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Charles and :welcome to the ville from Minnesota :):hug

Congrats go out to you for being a yarn junkie :clap now you are one of us :ghug! Glad to have another man join the group :yay

Welcome to Crochetville, Charles! Oh, we'll help you, all right. We'll help you buy more yarn and find new and more interesting ways to use it.:lol

And you'd better start finishing some of those projects so you can show them off here!!

what out the crocheters against ufo's dont get ya!! all those unfinished projects are just the stuff they hate.. :rofl welcome by the way!

Welcome, Charles. This is a great introductory post - I can already tell that you're going to be a good addition to our community here.

They always say that the first step is admitting the problem - however, I don't think yarn addiction is something any of us want to solve. :devil

ROFL, Charles! What a great introduction!

Glad to have you as a new neighbour -- and as everyone else said, you should soon feel right at home here with all the other crochet addicts :lol

I hope you will enjoy the 'Ville as much as I do! :waving at you from the UK,

Smiles,

Ah welcome and hello from the West Coast of Florida.

Look out for the sales. You have come to the right spot if you want to feed your addiction. We have wonderful designers here for cloths, toys and such. We have infor on how to do things you have never done with yarn.

We all have wip's stashed some place along with our yarn.

Oh your fiance will love it here. She can find all kinds of new things for you to make.

We even help with threadaholics like myself.:hook

Welcome Charles! You will love it here with your fellow yarn junkies. I am pretty much a newbie as well, but I have been welcomed with open arms and have discovered so much on this site.

I do want to forewarn you though. The more you delve through the posts here, the worse it will be for your addiction. I think I am done with saving patterns to consider later...and then all of the sudden, I am printing them and going off to buy yarn! This has happened numerous times over the past few weeks...I am embarrased to say. :blush

And DH can't understand why I am purchasing more and more yarn when the stash in the closet is spilling out everywhere. :hook

:welcome from eastern KY Great post!!

You have come to the wrong place for help - we here at the 'ville do not know the cure for yarn addiction (nor do we want to) - we only know how to feed :fork :spoon :knife each other's addictions!!!

Someone posts a pic of their latest project and you see that you MUST have the pattern and :yarn and the hook they used. Then someone else posts a link, then someone else posts a picture, then someone else posts a link, and so on and so on.

Here at the 'ville, we do not fight the addiction, we embrace :ghug it !!!!

Welcome aboard, fellow :yarn :yarn :yarn junkie!!!!

Becca, that's not YARN! That's closet insulation - the multifibred variety! Jeez, you've got to learn to COVER for yourself!

Charles, welcome - we'll help you. (HA HA HA HA HA!!!) Just like cinful just helped me by selling her yarn at great prices so I had to get more boxes of it and build my stash!

LOL! :rofl

I always thought that I was weird until i realized that others out there were just like me. However, I don't think that there is any such thing as having TOO much yarn :yarn , TOO many patterns :book, TOO many crochet hooks! We have a son who lives in the Chicago area and went to visit him over the weekend and so I took some thread to work on a Christmas project to help the 8 hour drive pass more quickly. However, I was in a panic when I couldn't find the hook that I wanted to use for it. Hubby asked me if I had another one the same size and I said yes, but the other hook hadn't been used for a while and it would feel neglected. Hubby rolls his eyes and gives a deep sigh! We left a half hour later than planned while I ripped the house apart looking for it! I finally found it, had a little chat with it, and then announced that we could finally leave. By the way, where's the crochet hook smiley???? :think ~ Cindy

Hi, Charles and :welcome!

Not only do you have YAS, you have PAS (pattern acquisition syndrome) and probably HAS (hook acquisition syndrome). Most of us are severely addicted and wouldnt have it any other way. You're going to love it here.

Archived