• Right-handed
    • I can use either hand

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I am left-handed but crochet right-handed, I think. Although sometimes I watch right handers crochet and I think I wrap the yarn differently than they do. I haven't got the hang of knitting yet because I have tried it both left and right handed ways but seem to do it backwards and just got frustrated!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Righty here. But Mom is a lefty. She writes lefty, but bowls and other things righty. Kind of strange.

:manyheart

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

When I was young all my crocheting relatives were right handed. They tried to teach me (a leftie) using the "mirror method" but I quickly became frustrated and gave up.

About 7 years ago, with two young boys and a husband that traveled, I decided to give it another try....with a twist: I would learn right handed! I figured BOTH hands would need to learn new movements and since I had learned over the years to do many things right handed, I bought a book, yarn and hook and away I went. I also knew that all patterns are written for right handed crocheters and didn't want the added frustration of having to "mirror" the entire pattern.

I haven't regretted it! I tried, on a dare, to crochet left handed one night and couldn't do it!

• 2 weeks later...

Im right handed for everything but when i try to write left-handed, it come out perfectly mirrored (backward like you putting mirror next to normal sentence and it look like it does ON mirror, strange!)

• 3 months later...

i was a rightie until 2006.....i was invilved in an auto accident and had whiplash and pinched nerve....learned to do everything left handed EXCEPT crochet (insert frustration here) anyhoo, i still crochet right handed BUT my ambidextrous (mainly left handed) hubby wants to learn how to crochet (again insert frustration)

• 3 weeks later...

I am left handed, I remember when I was in school, they would hit my knuckles to make me use my right hand. Till my Dad went down to the school, there was no more hitting with a ruler on my knuckles after that. I am still left handed to-day:cheer

I am lefty, unless I am teaching a right handed person to crochet. I learned "lefty" by watching opposite my right handed mother. Then, I later taught myself righty.... :think:think:think .. maybe I am just confused!:lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm a lefty, but I can do many things right handed.

Especially in cooking school, many of the chefs were right handed and the techniques can only be achieved right handed. my piping is way wonky when I do it lefty. lol

I crochet right handed - in a rather awkward and lopsided manner because the right hand really isn't that smart.