• Right-handed
    • I can use either hand

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm left handed. My sister is right handed and so is our mom (who taught us to crochet). It made our lessons interesting. My sister sat beside her and copied her, I sat across from her and mirrored her. It also meant I had to learn to start myself, since anything she'd start for me would be "backwards". :yes

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a righty through and through. I've attempted learning to write with my left hand, which was idiotic of me, since my regular right-handed writing isn't that neat either. I can hardly imagine crocheting leftie. The idea of being ambidextrous certainly appeals to me.

I can use both hands. But I can only write with my right hand. In kindergarden they always made me use the right hand to write instead of my left hand that was natural for me. Luckly they didn't pay to close attention when it came to crafting with sizzors etc. :D

I voted right handed only because that's the one I use most often, and it's the one I use when crocheting. I tend to be a bit ambidextrous with most things, but crochet and writing and 2 things I'm definitely more right-handed with!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm a lefty. The only thing I do with my right hand is scratch my head when I'm trying to figure out how to things with my left when being shown by someone with their right. LOL

• 3 months later...

I am also a Lefty (by birth) but when I was in the 6th grade I had a horrific accident that severed two fingers and damaged my pinky. Everything was surgically reattached but I spent the next year in casts splints and slings to ensure that I didn't lose the fingers .. during that time I was "retrained" to use right hand. I can know write, eat and function using either hand except crochet when I try to use my left hand I get terrible pain so I only crochet right handed. Even holding the yarn between my fingers for any real period of time causes discomfort.

Unfortunately I am accident prone and in my early twenties I hurt my right hand also, so I do have issues with that one also... I really want to try a bulb type hook to see if I can get relief with those.