Poll: Left or Right Handed?

Amy

I crochet:  

870 members have voted

1. 1. I crochet:

• Left-handed
    • Right-handed
    • I can use either hand

I'm a lefty too and I crochet left handed.

Saucylouise ~ Do you mean to tell me that's why left handed people don't "qualify" to be testers, as if our work is inferor? I have perfect gauge! Right handed crocher / designers don't want to have to look at our slightly odd (to them) twist to the double crochet st? Wow! I am really stunned!

But it's OK that we, the very same people, are the ones they market the patterns to, who have to follow their directions. Wow! I really have to think this over.

So, all these years, while directions say "now we shape the left neckline" and we have to adjust ourselves to the fact that we are working on the right neckline at that point - that's OK. As long as we are the ones inconvenienced.

Wow.

Real Deal :hook See the hook in the LEFT HAND!

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am left handed, but learned to crochet a weird way. I hold the hook in my right hand and do all the moving with my left. The hook just stays still for the most part. People always coment when they see what I am doing if they crochet themselves. It is really quite fast this way, for me anyway.

Marcia

I consider myself left-handed, because I write with my left hand. But most everything else I naturally do right-handed: crochet, knit, bat, golf, use scissors. I used to eat with my left hand, but switched in order to exercise my right arm after I cracked my right elbow in first grade.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I do everything left handed. It took a couple of people to help me to learn how to crochet. All my sisters and friends crochet right handed so if I get stumped with a pattern it sometimes gets interesting.

KathyWho:manyheart

I too am a Leftie who crochets with my right hand.... it took me weeks and weeks to convince my grandmother to teach me crochet, she kept telling me "I can't teach a leftie" she didn't get that I was planning on using my right hand :D,

i also use my right hand to cut with scissors, but everything else even cutting with a knife it done with my left. To top it off I am the only member of my family (mom dad and brother) who is leftie.... my mom always jokes how people say "two rights can't make a wrong" so not true! hehe

I am also a leftie.

I crochet right handed, cut right handed, golf and bat right handed, but everything else is left handed.

My mother is left handed, my son can use both hands and my fiance is left handed. :)

I'm a leftie that taught herself from a right handed book,thats all there was at the time

everything else is done left handed,the nuns tried to force right handedness,didn't work.

the only thing in the right handed world that gets to me is a right lipped ladle,everything else comes easy for me to use.

• 2 weeks later...

I had replied here before saying I'm a left hander who crochets with my right and I came back today to cruise thru and realized I didn't vote on the actual poll last time so what do I do, select left! man oh man :think

I am a true south paw except for cutting. I had no choice when I was in school no left handed scissors avaliable. Most of the time not an issue when reading patterns. Once in a while I have to reverse front and back.

• 2 weeks later...