1. 1. I crochet:

• Left-handed
    • Right-handed
    • I can use either hand

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a lefty, leaning towards ambidextrous.

I crochet and knit right handed. Although at SnB the other night, while knitting someone spotted that I'm a lefty, because I don't put my needle in the stitch, I put the stitch on the needle, if that makes sense (my left hand does the majority of the work)

All of my family and friends are right-handers and I've adapted to their world, but now I am buying things specifically made for lefties, a new bottle opener was a godsend recently, suddenly I can open the wine easily, I always used to fight with the right-handed one.

A new left handed tape measure, I never realised that I was stretching out the tape measure and then turning it round to read it, now it's the right way round first time.

Sarah

• 2 weeks later...

I Love being left-handed. It confuses everyone when I try to show them how to do a particular stitch. Just kidding, lefty humor.:rofl Anyways, I'm a proud lefty. Self taught crocheter 'cause no righty could handle the job. More lefty humor:sofunny. I'm so glad they came out with universal stuff for us incompatibles.:woo. Ok, I've "left" the building :kick

• 2 weeks later...

Righty! But I do a lot of things with a lefty flair... when I'm stepping out to serve, etc. in sports, I have to step out with my right foot, etc. Coaches hated me for that one, but a lot of things I can't do righty like that - I lose my balance!

My sister (orangetulipgarden) is the only lefty in our family, and I think I might have been meant to be! lol ;):yes

Leftie!!! Proud of it too!! Took my parents forever to teach me to write. Then when I entered Kindergarten the teacher had enough nerve to smack me with a ruler and take my recess away unless I would use my right hand. I couldn't though partly because it was too hard and mostly cuz I'm very stubborn. My mom straightened the teacher out though!! It's amazing the fear a 5'2 woman can put in a person:D :D :D

• 2 weeks later...

I crochet left handed and knit right handed... i have been left handed my whole life and knitting is the only thing i can do right handed better than left handed. I tried to learn how to crochet right handed butit just flows so much easier when i crochet with my dominant hand.

I too ama lefty, south paw, as they call me..lol..BUT learning how to crochet, it was MANDITORY that I learned RIGHT handed, and I am so thankful for it now. I was very young, maybe 10 when I learned so it wasnt as hard as it would be at my age now..which is OLD as dirt..lol

im very left handed, crochet that way, and dislocated my left shoulder and fractured my upper left arm this week! it hurts to crochet, and i cant do much else; there are only so many reruns one person can watch! i can crochet a little, but i have to go slow, think about it, and only do a little at a time. :bang :grump :hook (SHES left handed!) :thair:tired

I'm left handed and VERY proud of it, so is my husband which makes it easy at home :) Here's a weird thing ... my brother and his wife are both right handed, they have 4 kids - 3 of whom are LEFT HANDED! That is quite rare.

I crochet left handed, and actually am having a lot of trouble learning to do an adjustable ring for beginning crocheting a round. If any lefties have some tips for me I'd really appreciate it! Thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...

I am right-handed and do everything right-handed, but I did teach myself to write with my left hand when I was in elementary school because I had a lot of friends that had broken arms and couldn't write with their other hand so I decided I was gonna know how to write with both hands so if I ever broke my right arm I could still write my name (silly I know).

I'm right handed, and I do almost everything better with my right hand. However, if I'm on a bike and I want to steer with one hand it HAS to be my left. I can't control a bicycle with my right hand. :lol

I've always envied those who are ambidextrous..

• 2 weeks later...

Once a southpaw, always a southpaw, the only one in my family.

You know what they say;

The right side of the brain is controlled by the left side of the body. Therefore, I must be the only one in my family who is in their right mind. LOL!