Poll: Left or Right Handed?

Amy

I crochet:  

870 members have voted

1. 1. I crochet:

• Left-handed
    • Right-handed
    • I can use either hand

I thought Crafty_Boy_13's question about how many are right-handed vs. left-handed was interesting. A poll will make it much easier to keep up with the results, so here we go! :)

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a right hander when it comes to crochet. I do some things with my left hand as I was born a left hander, but mom made me change to a rightie. Yes, I am a confused backwards person, lol! :lol

left-handed for almost everything (how in the world do people write with their right hand?? :lol ) but crocheting with my right hand felt more natural for me whil I was learning so I crochet right-handed.

Most everything I do is always left handed, only thing I can think of that I ever did right handed was throwing a ball. I always threw off the other team when I played softball, I threw and caught like a right hander but I batted as a lefty. Both my parents are righties, my brother and I turned out lefties and all three of my kids and hubby are righties.

Pam

I am a definite rightie. So was my husband & both our daughters. Our son however can use either hand to do anything & won't be uncomfortable doing it. He is 45 now & still does it. My sister is a leftie but she paints. No needlework of any kind, can't even sew on a button correctly.

I am right-handed for pratically everything and the funny thing is that when I intially was teaching Jonathan how to crochet, I was teaching him right-handed because he writes with his right hand, but he picked up crocheting with his left hand on his own! He is also truely ambedexterous. :hook

I'm a leftie. A long time ago, my sister decided she would teach me and my Mom and my other sister how to crochet. We all went to her house and planned on staying the day. She took one look at me trying with my left hand and said.."I can't help you!". It took me about 15 years after that to decide that I really wanted to learn no matter how. I looked on the internet and found a crochet tutorial for left handers....and I was hooked. My husband laughed out loud watching me try to use the mouse and crochet at the same time - but it worked! I think everything is a little harder for us "lefties". P.S. My right handed Mom and my other sister never did learn how-and now they're envious of what I can do!