European located villagers?

Hi,

I don't want to be a seperatist but I wonder who else is from europe? Well, we are alle crochetvillers anyway but when it comes to swapping or ROK for example, the shipping costs are enormous :eek and so I've only sended two parcels overseas (where the carrying coasts exceeded the worth of the contents by far). I would love to do such things more often, but I don't want to move to any other crochet forum for that reason (Crochetville is the best I know!) So hello, from berlin (germany) to the rest of Europe!

Greetings

Jomo

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Jomo:) I've been living in the UK for the past 2 years now (I'm originally from Holland) so I'm from Europe too!:hook I know what you mean by how much the postage costs are:eek I know there are LOADS more members on here that are from Europe I know at least 10 from the UK and one from Austria and 2 other people from Holland so theres plenty of us on here:)

Hi Petra!

I'm very glad that you've responded :bounce. I wasn't sure if it was due to the topic or the thread category ("Seeking local crocheters") that there seemed to be little intrest in this thread, since I've noticed quite a lot of european crochet villagers recently. Maybe my post was also a little too vague. Do you think, it would make sense to organize european located activities like RAOK, Secret Pals, Swaps? The shipping coasts and also the shipping time would be reduced for it's participicians, so I thought it may be a good idea.

I just had another thought. Maybe I should start a poll about this topic: Are european crochetvillagers interested in european located RAOKs, Swaps or Secret Pals? Which would be the right thread category for such a poll? By the way, can anybody start these activities or only crochetville admins?

Hi!

I've not been posting much lately (okay really not at all) due to work and personal life issues, but I am living in Belgium! I'm originally from the States, but have lived in Brussels for 3.5 years now.

I too often run into the whole postage cost issue while sending packages back to friends and family in the US. My last Secret Pal swap cost me over 40 euros for shipping! Ouch! :eek

Hi Kimberly and Lynn!

Thank you for replying! :clap

Wow Kimberly, one get's a lot of yarn for 40 Euro!

What do you think, would you like to participate if there was an extra - european based - secret pals snd/or swapping thing? It's not only the costs but also I've always worried if my parcel will arrive at all. Once I've sended some chocolate to someone who had a special belgium chocolate (which I can get here easyly) on her wishlist but it never arrived :(.

I've heard about post getting lost overseas at lot Jomo and it's a shame! wow 40 euro's for a package?!? I would NEVER be able to afford that!:eek that's just a bit silly I mean the package cost more then the actual things your wanting to send:think

Where are you from in South Yorkshire, Lynn? I'm living in Barnsley:)

And btw I do think it might be a good idea if there was a European ROAK that way you can at least choose and have the option to send things to someone that lives a bit closer:)

oh and Hoi Glinster ik ben ook Nederlands! :D (translate: Hi Glinster I'm Dutch too)

Hoi glinster and mange tak Cuddlefish for saying hello!

Happy Birthday Cuddlefish!!! :bday (I just found out and had to edit this post)

@all

Does anybody know if we have to contact an admin for having our european RAOK or Secret Pals section? Maybe we should give it a try. I would like to organize something like that (i.e. the Secret Pals) but I'm not sure how that works by now.

Happy birthday from me too Cuddlefish!:yes:birthday

I think it would be best if you would contact a admin for that especially because they are usually the ones that handle the ROAK and wishlists and things like that:)

i'm from scotland and i think the cost of over seas postage far out-weighs the cost of any project it certainly puts me off joining in it would be nice if we had the option to have locally based swaps and such.

I almost choked when the postlady told me the price....I thought perhaps my french was not working right that morning and had to ask her to repeat it twice! lol

Packages do get lost when mailing overseas, especially if you mail them parcel post and not air mail. I've also had packages show up 6 months after they were mailed!

lol Kimberly I think I would've fainted! I hope they really appreciated the package!:eek I wonder if any of the moderators have read this thread yet? or if Jomo (hook and hype) has contacted them yet?:)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Giving this thread a bump too... :D

I'm from The Netherlands and active on some foreign babywearingforums

(The babywearer in US / Natural mama's in UK) a national (NL) forum about babywearing, member of Ravelry and now here.

I hope to able to contribute a bit, but am still a beginner, sort of. :think

Exactly!

We can sled again in Holland (is my main transportation for the kids atm) and we're still hoping for a 'Elfstedentocht' (11 cities on iceskates over the frozen rivers on one day; about 200km) 1997 was the last time it happened.

Archived