Cute idea

I was in one of my favorite sections of my bookshop--the Boyd's Bear section and I noticed this really neat bear wearing a little poncho. The yarn was one of the newer looking yarns, and it looked about large-dishcloth size with a hole for the head. It was crocheted on the diagonal. It looked cuter than I can describe it. Anyhow, maybe you talented friends are already "on" to this,but I was maybe(overly,lol) impressed! I am going to try to figure one out and put it on a bear for my collection. Any little girl would love to get a "poncho" bear, I will bet, and big girls, too!. The bear was also wearing a crocheted headband. Just thought I would pass on the idea, since Christmas is coming. I went to my last fall festival yesterday. There doesn't seem to be anything new in the craft world at these festivals. I did buy a pail with snowmen painted on it, but it is sort of a useless thing--maybe I will fill it with pinecones. A lot of "primitive" crafts were at this festival, dolls, paintings, etc. Oh well, I saved some money. Not much crochet featured at all, thread angels and decorations about all. It was sad, not many people were buying them, and if they only realized the tremendous work involved. I bought one, and one for my daughter, but the lady will have many left over. :yarn

Archived