Sign in to follow this  
2junebugs4me

unique baby gift...

Question

My cousin is having her first baby in April, and I want to make her something, but we have a lot of crafters in our family (knitters, crocheters, quilters, cross-stitchers) and I don't want to just make her a baby afghan, as I'm sure she'll get a knitted one from my mom and a baby quilt from her mom, and possibly our aunt. Any ideas? I don't know what she is having, so it would have to be something that is gender nuetral. TIA

7 answers to this question

those crocheted carebears would be adorable, or a sock monkey made from the babyterri or cottontots would be cute too! You could also make up several bibs, and here is a pattern for a diaper bag. Hope these help ya.

~Rebecca

You could crochet booties and a hat in gender neutral colors. You could put together a diaper cake (I've made several) and then put your booties or hat on top as the cake topper. I can tell you how to do it if you would like.:yes They are a HUGE hit at showers...the Mommies always love them!:)h Both of these "cakes" are done with crocheted booties for the toppers...

diapercakeducky4.jpg

Diapercake.jpg

what about something like

THIS

or

THIS

in a cotton for right out of the bath .. also a soft bath mitt ..maybe you could put ears on the "towel" and the mitt to make them look like a little puppy or something ?

Oooh, those diaper cakes are so cute! :)h

The diaper cakes are gorgeous! I wish I had thought of them a few months ago for my grandson's shower. I love the diaper caddy. I might make one of a teddybear. Good idea about the cotton towel.:w-snow2

Guest SamplerLady
mmouseplus.gifHow about a nursing shawl. She can take that with her to the birth and use it after the baby is way past the "sit on my lap and cuddle" size! :D