Scary Halloween Wreath

Tampa Doll

Well, here is the last installment of decorations for Halloween this year. Well maybe not.

I made the scary wreath from several patterns in different books. The candy corn is from a jewelry pattern, the witch, pumpkins, ghost and spiders are from yarn patterns. I changed everything into thread.

:jackADoorDecorationOctober2006.gif:jack

John thought it needed a little more so he added spidy the spider and the severed fingers.

th_BooTrickorTreat.gif(clickable)

Love your wreath! I made a similar one with plastic canvas ghost, witch, candy corn, etc, but yours looks much cuter in crochet! I also did not have the added decorations---the fingers look so real! I am sure you will receive many compliments on your imagination and work.

Yikes! That's certainly a spooky wreath. All the little components are perfect. Mary Jo, you really are tops when it comes to novelty crochet! Oh, and tell John I make some mean looking "severed finger" cookies every year for Halloween that disappear as soon as I serve them. They look awful but they taste great!:lol

That is amazing! How long do you cebrate halloween for and what is candy corn? Is it sugar coated popcorn?

Hey Cupcake, Halloween is only for one day, that is October 31st. We do decorate for the month though. Some people even decorate outside. On Halloween, the kids dress up in costumes and go from door to door yelling Trick or Treat. Then they are give candy and such so they will not do a trick on us. The little ones are really cute dressed up as ghost, princesses, pumpkins and goblins to name a few. Candy Corn is pure sugar. It is as it says candy, that is in a triangle shape with white on the top then orange and finally yellow.

I made Carl & Candy a few years ago to go with John's favorite

Oldtime Halloween trick or treat candyth_CarlCandyCorn.jpg

Roli, John came in this morning as I was getting dressed and said, "Hey Roli makes severed finger cookies." Still waiting for him to ask for the recipe Ha Ha.:lol

Just so you all know. That wreath is in John's computer room.:lol

Archived