white ripple pics

Fidgement, I copied this from what I posted on the other thread:

I pretty much had no plan with the edging, kind of winged it as I went. I frogged it a couple of times before I was satisfied. First I did a row of V-stitch (*dc, ch1, dc in next sc, sk 2 sc, repeat from *), making a sort of cluster in the valleys to pull it together and making 2 V-stitches with a ch 2 between them at the peaks. Then another row of V-stitch. The next row is a row of shells (3tr, ch2, 3tr in V-stitch, sc in next V-stitch, repeat around). Then the final row is 9tr in shell, sc in next shell, repeat around. You'll have to play with this, occasionally skipping a stitch on your last row of sc, to make it fit.

Hope that helps.

mudpie, i love this group..i havent been looking here very long but everytime i have ask for help someone has stepped up right away and i always get what i need. so many generous designers and such good advice. I am going to make a round ripple for my mother and wanted a pretty edge on it. this will be perfect....

thanks again

Mudpie-

I have seen many round ripples online and they are all so pretty, but I think this one absolutely takes the prize. It looks like an antique baby afghan -- and I love things that look antique !

VERY BEAUTIFUL job . :manyheart

Do you happen to recall how many rounds you made or what size it was when finished ? It looks really nice and big .

Archived