treat pumpkins

yarnlover66

I made these "treat" pumpkins for my office. You lift the lid and fill with candy. They are supposed to have jack o lantern faces, but I think it cheapens the look. This way they can leave them out on their desks longer too as just a pumpkin.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a36/yarnlover66/Crochet%20Projects/pumpkins.jpg

I've made 10, but I want to make a few more for some friends and family. I made them out of kitchen cotton. THey seem to hold their shape better than with regular acrylic yarn. I can get 5 pumpkins out of one ball. It makes for an inexpensive holiday favor.

HERE IS THE PATTERN I USED:

http://pie.midco.net/grammalowe/halloween.html#cropump

:jack :jack :jack :jack

Your pumpkins turned out so well! I tried to make something similar (perhaps the same pattern) but mine wasn't so good. I might have to try the cotton...

-- Michelle

They are really cute. I like the idea of not putting on the faces.

Hey did you see the spider button holer? :eek It is a spider you put your shirt button through and it looks like you have one on your shirt. Great for boys, they like yucky stuff like that.:hook

I really, really like the idea of making those into apples for teachers. That would be clever. Now my kids are past that age of giving teacher gifts!! Bummer, who could I make those for? :lol :lol

Those are cute. You did a great job! :cheer

I never thought of using orange cotton yarn (guess what's added to my shopping list). Thanks for the pattern. A lady here at work had one that's just stuffed with orange cotton balls and I've always like it (a gift from someone).

I printed that one and the spider one up... thought I'd do it without the button hole or ignore it and it would be cute, maybe with a magnet on the back for my file cabinets at work...

Debbi

The stem is made from that craft foam that comes in sheets like felt squares do. I cut a little strip and folded it in half. Tucked them in the hole in the top and then used my glue gun on the inside just to secure them.

I am going to go to HL tonight to buy 2 more balls of cotton. I know I want to make at least 5 more.

Oh yeah, and I need to buy some candy to fill them with. Hmmm, wonder what I should buy? ;)

Archived