Ugh, double strand single crochet is HARD!!

ovSo I'm making a Lucille Peep doll for a friend's 3yo. The yarn I have is a light worsted, so i decided to use double strands so she didn't turn out so tiny.

UGH!! My fingers are killing me.

I'm debating frogging her whole head and starting over using just one strand.....

I usually have to have at least an I hook to do double strand so yeah, a bigger hook certainly helps and would make the doll just that much bigger.

But since I've already done the head, won't it make the other pieces bigger and out of proportion?

Yup!! I guess your options are to frog it and start over or to suffer and continue with it the way you are. I was making a sock monkey and used the double strand with a g hook (crazy) and realized half way through what I was doing wrong. I just continued with it and now know for next time:P .

I've decided to continue and learn from this painful mistake. :)

All I have left is her arms and legs and dress. I'm thinking I can just do the dress with one strand and add stitches to each row to make it be=ig enough to fit. Might be cute that it has a different look that the actual doll. We'll see...

Archived