Portland, Oregon Crocheters Needed for Help!!

JouJou

okay, so i don't live right in portland, i live in banks, it's west of portland along hwy 26 going towards the coast. i am new to crocheting and i am sooo confused about everything. i want to be able to maybe find some people in my area who would be willing to meet up and show me a thing or two and help me out... i heard it's a lot easier to learn in person. i am 21 years old, my name is Stephanie and i am willing to learn from anyone who is willing to teach me. i looked into classes on learning how to crochet and it's pretty spendy, i know how to cook really nicely so i could exchange cooking lessons on crocheting lessons or if you are a kind person and want to just do something nice and help me out that would be so much appreciated. anyhoo, let me know if anyone is interested. :) thanks.

-Stephanie

I'm in the portland area :) I'm a bit older then you but would love to have someone to crochet with. Your timing is perfect as I'm just getting in the swing of things again and would enjoy some female company.

edit to add: I know how to make Hello Kitty squares too :D

I'm in the portland area :) I'm a bit older then you but would love to have someone to crochet with. Your timing is perfect as I'm just getting in the swing of things again and would enjoy some female company.

edit to add: I know how to make Hello Kitty squares too :D

wow that is so awesome, i love hello kitty... we should make a crochet date sometime... this is the perfect time of season too, it's getting cold out. where abouts in portland area are you? and i don't really mind age, i don't really like many people my own age, as a child i always related to adults better than my peers. :)

Hi Jou Jou, I don't live in Portland. I live near McMinnville, however I might be able to drive up there. We could meet and I might even be able to help you a little. :lol

P.s. I haven't made a HK square but I have made a HK backpack. :D

Hi Jou Jou, I don't live in Portland. I live near McMinnville, however I might be able to drive up there. We could meet and I might even be able to help you a little. :lol

P.s. I haven't made a HK square but I have made a HK backpack. :D

that would be very kind of you, i would like the help. banks isn't too far from mcminnville, it's about 40 minutes i believe. i could either come over to your house or you could come to mine, which ever you prefer. let me know what you'd like to do. :) and i would love to learn to make a HK backpack. i want to make a pair of mary janes and i thought they would be cute with the face of HK on the top part. although i don't know how to work in rounds yet. i have tried to start off the mary janes but i think i am not doing something right. :think:blush anyhoo, we should plan a weekend or something to meet up and crochet together.

Sounds like fun! My only difficulty at this time is transportation. But I'd love to get together maybe even all of us! meet up at like Craft Warehouse in hillsboro, (they have an area where ladies are able to gather and do crocheting/knitting)

or even a coffee shop. That way no one has to worry bout the house cleaning and we can relax and enjoy!

Sounds like fun! My only difficulty at this time is transportation. But I'd love to get together maybe even all of us! meet up at like Craft Warehouse in hillsboro, (they have an area where ladies are able to gather and do crocheting/knitting)

or even a coffee shop. That way no one has to worry bout the house cleaning and we can relax and enjoy!

that sounds good. i don't mind when it is or where just as long as we plan it well before hand. so if anyone wants to meet up, then please post it in this forum and we can all decide when a good time is. :)

that sounds good. i don't mind when it is or where just as long as we plan it well before hand. so if anyone wants to meet up, then please post it in this forum and we can all decide when a good time is. :)

Sounds like a plan.

For right now my schedule is open, but that may change soon...

I'm thinking like a weekend afternoon? I like the craftware house idea but anywhere that is MAX/bus accessible is fine. I live in the Beaverton area.

weekend afternoons work well for me, i can't really do it on weekdays unless the other person has a car and doesn't mind coming over to my house. so weekends are probably best. i am open for any weekend really, so anyone who has an idea of when they want to do it, post it here. :)

i will have to check my schedule, i will try to find out by tonight or tomorrow... if i can't do it this weekend it will have to be the next weekend but i can't really say if it would be this weekend or not. anyway i will let you know! :)

well, i looked into my schedule and i can't make it to the crochet meet this weekend... i think we will have to postpone until next weekend. i'm sorry. :(

Most weekends I am free. So whenever you all want to get together is fine with me. Just tell me the date/time/address and I will be there if possible. I look forward to meeting both of you. :hook

• 3 months later...

Archived