TESTERS FOUNDTesters for Christening gown pattern

Jimmie Lu

How is everyone doing?

Ok I was doing fine until the end of Row 10. I found a few ambiguities in Row 7 but was still able to figure out how the pattern was supposed to go (I'll send you my notes when I'm done), but now I'm just stumped! I think I've started and frogged the beginning of Row 11 three or four times now. The end of Row 10 says "Do not join." It also doesn't say whether or not to chain 3 and whether or not to turn or continue in the round. So, do I "spiral" in the round (i.e. don't chain 3, don't turn, just keep going)? Do I turn and start Row 11 in the opposite direction (which doesn't make sense, since I joined the end of Row 9)? Do I chain 3 and continue Row 11 in the round (but then I'd have to join, and the directions at the end of Row 10 say NOT to join)?:think

Also, reading ahead, Round 11 says to Ch. 3 and turn. Is the back supposed to be JOINED after the bodice is finished, or is it supposed to be OPEN? If it's supposed to be joined like a skirt, I wouldn't chain 3 and turn at the end of Row 11 (and every other row after Row 12, since Row 11 is repeated for the rest of the pattern), I'd join and chain 3, right?

Once I get the row 10/11 thing figured out and know whether the skirt is done in the round or open down the back I think I'll be able to click right along on this. It's turning out to be a beautiful pattern!!:hook

Hey Pixiedust...this is where I found myself in a snag too and eventually I just went ahead and joined, chained 3 and then worked in the round, joining and chaining 3 for the rest of the pattern...now, that's what I did and made notes to Jimmie Lu...

I think mine turned out pretty well too. The only confusing part for me was the same confusion about when to join, but it turned out nicely. I used the simply soft white & f hook, and its beautiful. I just picked up some ribbon at Michaels today-pale green, so I will put the finishing touches on & post a picture as soon as I can.

Hey Pixiedust...this is where I found myself in a snag too and eventually I just went ahead and joined, chained 3 and then worked in the round, joining and chaining 3 for the rest of the pattern...now, that's what I did and made notes to Jimmie Lu...

Ok, that made the most sense to me, so that's what I'll do. I should be able to finish the skirt in the next day or two and take some photos. Thanks, Jimmie Lu, for letting me test for you!

Ok, that made the most sense to me, so that's what I'll do. I should be able to finish the skirt in the next day or two and take some photos. Thanks, Jimmie Lu, for letting me test for you!

It was what made sense to me also...should be done in a day or two. :hook Thanks for letting me test for you. :hug

i am finally checking in on this...started last night, after a delay of having to make a emergency comfortgahan for a friend. i have made it to the part where the skirt is started and with the other postings have had no trouble..should be done soon and will post pictures.. i was making this at work during my time between answering the phone and everyone thought it was just beautiful. thanks again for a great pattern. I am finished with this sweet little gown. almost.. i need some ribbon for the ties in the back and downt he front. I added an extra row around the bottom and finished it off with singles and picots in the chains looks very sweet. i have decided to sent it to a childrens hospital in Ft Worth, my oldest now 17 spent a few weeks there after he was born 10 weeks early at 3.4 lbs.. they have so many sad stories and i want someone to know I am thankful for the care that my now 6 ft tall young man got there. Will have to wait until son #2 can take the pictures..to post. thanks again Jimmie Lu

Here is the finshied gown

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n10/lovewithcorgi/MVC-003F.jpg

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n10/lovewithcorgi/MVC-001F.jpg

I know you already have all of your testers, but I am really looking forward to seeing the pattern :) I am due to have a baby girl in February and I have been looking for a month for a nice Christening gown pattern (I was going to use the one that my mother had crocheted for me 26 years ago, but I think this baby will be much bigger than I was!)

Kathy congrads on the new little one. By this weekend I will have the pattern up and posta link here for you. So go shopping girl and get some great yarn or thread for this beauty!!!

I plan on offering it free because there are virtually no free christening gown patterns and Hey I just like free stuff!!!

Kathy congrads on the new little one. By this weekend I will have the pattern up and posta link here for you. So go shopping girl and get some great yarn or thread for this beauty!!!

I plan on offering it free because there are virtually no free christening gown patterns and Hey I just like free stuff!!!

Thanks so much! I'm looking forward to it!!

OK, here's mine!! I used Red Heart Baby Sport yarn and an F hook, and it came out a nice newborn size. I'm mailing it to a friend in California who is going to line the skirt with pink sateen before donating it to a hospital in her area. If she takes photos of the lined gown, I'll try to get a link to that as well!

My Christening Gown

Archived