TESTERS FOUNDTesters for Christening gown pattern

Jimmie Lu

Ok I made mine with simplysoft yarn Please feel free to use thread, cotton, WW and then let me know what you used. I should have it typed by Thursday at the latest. IMHO it works up pretty quick but I want your input on how tough/simple the pattern is.

Testers are

sunrisedq

ginamaria73

eurolyons

pixiedust

archrttewgrl

betheathorne

Thanks ladies

Okay, I'm using #4 hook, #10 ecru cotton. I'm down to repeating the last row (actually you said to repeat row 11, but there was a row 12...I'm gonna go back and reread them to make sure I'm doing this right, but it's looking right.) I will p.m. little notes I made...basically a very easy pattern for me to work up, but for the sake of consistency I found, not an error per se, but a row or two that I had to read a few times to understand what I was suppose to do...

Wonderful pattern.

One other thing, there are no final measurements, and I'm not sure if what I'm coming up with is really big enough for a baby...so I'm going to pull out a couple other patterns to compare to (for my own peace of mind...)

Thank you Jimmie Lu...I'll p.m. you tomorrow with the notes...

Hey Jimmie Lu...I still haven't written up my notes yet...and yes I will take pictures of what I've done...I do want to say that with the #4 hook and the #10 ecru, the size just doesn't look right...it might fit a preemie, but I doubt it would fit a 0 to 3 month without some modification in the number of stitches...I pulled out a couple other patterns I have just to check their sizing and one had the chest measurement at 20" around, (before joining) with the #10 ecru, came to about 14" around...

However, I had some Red Heart Baby fingering yarn and an E hook and went to work with that and the measurement came out to approximate 20" for the chest measurement and it looks like it would fit a newborn (0-3 months)comfortably...

Do have a question though...On rows 9, 10, 11 and 12, at the end, do I join or not...row 9 says to join, row 10 and row 12 not to join, and row 11 says chain 3 and turn...and with row 10 and row 12, it just wasn't looking right...what I ended up doing was joining and then changing 3 and turning...

Can you elaborate a bit on what you were going for...

What I have so far is really looking nice, regardless what thread or yarn I'm using...I really, really like the ecru the best, but again, stitches would have to be added (like a good 10 to 20 or more at the beginning...)

I like that it works up fairly fast too...

Good design Jimmie Lu...

Yes the #10 should give a premie small baby size

fingered weight Newborn

Baby weight (like simply soft that I used) and a G hook gave me the size 3-6 mo

and so if you use ww and H it would give a size bigger.

Thanks for your dedication to my pattern.

I will be offering it free on my blog as I useually do with all my patterns but with a garment I want the pattern to be right.

As for Christening gowns there arent a ton of patterns out there free for others to use and I thought it would be nice!

Okay, got it...I am finished with the fingerweight gown and I do have pictures which I'll post sometime today...and I'll send you off a pm with my notations...

Do have a question though...On rows 9, 10, 11 and 12, at the end, do I join or not...row 9 says to join, row 10 and row 12 not to join, and row 11 says chain 3 and turn...and with row 10 and row 12, it just wasn't looking right...what I ended up doing was joining and then changing 3 and turning...

Can you elaborate a bit on what you were going for...

Just for my own sake, can you explain what you were going for above? Pretty please?

And absolutely wonderful that you will be offering this pattern as a free pattern...Have a question, if I wanted to donate a christening gown some place, can you tell me of a place?

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8BZuHDlwyat8K

Here are the pictures of the finished test of this christening gown...also included is the first sample done with ecru...

I threaded pastle green satin ribbon through the neck and had it tie in the back, and then thread more done the front and added a bow. I had already crocheted a pastle green baby afghan (of my own primative design) done in the same type of baby yarn as this gown and so this is a perfect compliment...booties and a bonnet would be a good addition (but don't know that I have the time at the moment to knock them out...

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8BZuHDlwyat8K

Here are the pictures of the finished test of this christening gown...also included is the first sample done with ecru...

I threaded pastle green satin ribbon through the neck and had it tie in the back, and then thread more done the front and added a bow. I had already crocheted a pastle green baby afghan (of my own primative design) done in the same type of baby yarn as this gown and so this is a perfect compliment...booties and a bonnet would be a good addition (but don't know that I have the time at the moment to knock them out...

aww... eurolyons that is gorgeous!! the ribbon looks so pretty and there is quite a size difference huh! nice pattern Jimmie Lu

eurolyons-beautiful I love the ribbon thru it!!!

To clear up the pattern should have read that you are now working in rounds No Joining No turning!

You are a great tester and have made changes to the pattern! per your sugestions. May I use your photo for my blog to show with the pattern?

FYI--- I have a bunch asking if they may have the pattern or if I am sharing it. Yes when testing is done it will be available for your own use at my free pattern blog!!!

Absolutely you may use my photo for your blog. I am honored, truly! Okay, as per your instructions I worked in the round, but I think I ended up joining the rows once I put that last shell pattern at the joining...it looked good, I was happy with it...

Archived