Crochet a clown wig???

natmay

I cannot find the color of wig I need for my clown costume. In an adverstisement of clown products the ad said their wigs were crocheted by grandmas. Any one out there know how its done? I crocheted alittle as a young girl and now I wish I had paid more attention to my grandmother so you be advised you are working with a beginner.:juggle:mdust

I don't know if there is a pattern but look at the one on What not to crochet. It tells you (usually) where the pattern came from. I would just buy a heavy hairnet & knot some yarn through it in the same manner that you make a hooked rug.. Just use longer pieces of yarn. That way you can have whatever color you likeYou could even do it with fun fur if you wanted to. So much of that stuff is on sale right now, you might as well take advantage of it . Lionbrand web site under free patterns is where you'll find it. Called purple braid crocheted wig.

there are a few patterns at lionbrand.com for different wigs. one might suit your needs. place a post on the "seeking local crocheters" board and you might find someone close to home willing to spend a little time with you to help you remember the basics ;)

http://www.lionbrand.com/cgi-bin/patternFinder.fcgi?search=Search&searchText=wig

Archived