S size crochet hook

Hmm... I saw an S-hook at least 3 years ago... it's not actually new. LOL! Lion Brand just decided to start making one, too! LOL!

I think the one I saw was a Bates...

suebee, it was a bates, i have one, my friend fran bought me one at hobby lobby, i have seen them else wear including joanns and while at the time i didn't buy it it was only about 3.00 what the heck is the lions brand made of gold or something holy cow thats highway robbery, i have used it and while its a tad bigger than a q it makes nice airy things such as shawls and ponchos. ect. also when combined with another skein or 2 of yarn you can make a nice afghan at a very quick pace. remember if you want to make a afghan, most times a pattern, you can also just use this and make it a tad bigger or lessen the amount of stitches. wow i wonder why i didn't get that e-mail. hmmm must be my spam protector again dang it stupid thing. lol oh well i am spam free most of the time so can not complain:lol :lol don't be afraid to use the S hook, it just is a tad bigger than the Q, now i wonder if there is a M out there i know there are L's, and N's, what about the other letters of the alphabet, the R and T, U,V,W,X,W,Z? where are those hooks dang it i demand equal hooks for all letters:lol :lol :lol

the hook the young lady is holding is probably just a display model. but then again maybe its a Z hehe

there is a M out there i know there are L's, and N's, what about the other letters of the alphabet, the R and T, U,V,W,X,W,Z? where are those hooks dang it i demand equal hooks for all letters:lol :lol :lol

the hook the young lady is holding is probably just a display model. but then again maybe its a Z hehe

I think that would be so funny- like crocheting with a baseball bat!!! :lol

That hook was for reals- there was a whole basket full of them, and they were 25 bucks each. I almost fell over! The lady said they are for making curtains.... um, ooook? :blush

The lady said they are for making curtains.... um, ooook? :blush

?? Okay, I guess they'll say anything to try and make a sale. Though I suppose you could probaby make a set of heavy drapes with them if you were so inclined.

And while I'm sitting here crocheting a little pumpkin, reading this thread, it crosses my mind that I could use an S hook and a WHOLE lot of orange yarn and make a big HUGE pumpkin. LOL! I need to get out more.

didn't buy it it was only about 3.00 what the heck is the lions brand made of gold or something holy cow thats highway robbery,

Lion Brand likes to charge more than just about any other major yarn company. I remember seeing a price breakdown by yardage, and Lion Brand was more expensive than the others.

I wonder if it's a $19.00 hook in stores, too, or if that's just what Lion Brand's trying to get for it?

Gayle

The "S" has been around for ages, just usually used for rug making. I bought Lion's "new" S hook, and wasn't impressed. It is really tapered and angular, and does't really feel like a true S hook, feels more like a Q hook with a larger hand base.

Personally, I really don't like the idea of the S-hook. I think it's just a way for LionBrand to sell their bigger yarns, and I hate that their advertising for the S-hook is that it's faster and you can make things in an hour. Not to mention they're charging nineteen bucks for the thing.

I don't care for any of the patterns Lion Brand has come up with for the S-hook, especially the shapeless, weight-adding "shell", and as a google search didn't reveal any other patterns for an S-hook, I will be avoiding it.

Wow, I didnt' realize it was selling for $19. I had a LYS special order one for me a couple of years ago. Not Lion Brand, Skacel. I thought it was horrible that I had to pay $7 for one hook.

I bought one (not Lion) but don't think it was over $3. I still haven't used it; I've hardly used my Q, but figured if I didn't get one, there would be a time I needed it and couldn't find one.

Archived