S size crochet hook

Isnt that funny, I got this very email from Lion Brand, and READ IT...but obviously didnt pay attention to what I was reading!! Wow a new hook size S...thanks for bringing me out of my "fog"......hee hee...That hook must be HUGE!!!!

http://cache.lionbrand.com/Newsletters/2006OctIssue1.html

LionBrand has come out with an "S" hook! They also have some patterns to try with the new size hook. I just thought that all would like to know about this. I had a hard time adjusting to a 'Q' myself. It will be interesting to try this size.

and also, Originally Posted by Sahmlock:

QUOTE:

"Isnt that funny, I got this very email from Lion Brand, and READ IT...but obviously didnt pay attention to what I was reading!! Wow a new hook size S...thanks for bringing me out of my "fog"......hee hee...That hook must be HUGE!!!!"

You are right, too funny. I also got this e-mail and paid no attention, but when I read this post I took a look and thought, wow wouldn't that be cool to make an afghan with!! Now I just need to find a pattern!!

They are always coming up with something new wanting us to buy.

I don't know that I would buy this. It might come in handy though with rag rugs. might be easier to use? pinkroses

Does anyone know how big the S hook is?

Wendy,

The S hook is 19mm. I have several in my collection if you are interested. The ones I have are not the pretty red some are blue and some are white.

Personally, I really don't like the idea of the S-hook. I think it's just a way for LionBrand to sell their bigger yarns, and I hate that their advertising for the S-hook is that it's faster and you can make things in an hour. Not to mention they're charging nineteen bucks for the thing.

I don't care for any of the patterns Lion Brand has come up with for the S-hook, especially the shapeless, weight-adding "shell", and as a google search didn't reveal any other patterns for an S-hook, I will be avoiding it.

Isnt that funny, I got this very email from Lion Brand, and READ IT...but obviously didnt pay attention to what I was reading!! Wow a new hook size S...thanks for bringing me out of my "fog"......hee hee...That hook must be HUGE!!!!

I also got the newsletter and just went over it, didn't notice anything special, I guess I'm in a "fog" too!! LOL

It's huge, how are you supossed to hold it?? It's bigger than me!

Well, I guess I won't be doing anything with that! :eek Man is that picture actually the S hook? I can see why it won't take long to make anything but would you use whatever you made? Don't think I will be doing any S hook crocket. :badideaThe hook looks like it would make you hands ache!

Hmm... I saw an S-hook at least 3 years ago... it's not actually new. LOL! Lion Brand just decided to start making one, too! LOL!

I think the one I saw was a Bates...

Personally, I really don't like the idea of the S-hook. I think it's just a way for LionBrand to sell their bigger yarns, and I hate that their advertising for the S-hook is that it's faster and you can make things in an hour. Not to mention they're charging nineteen bucks for the thing.

I don't care for any of the patterns Lion Brand has come up with for the S-hook, especially the shapeless, weight-adding "shell", and as a google search didn't reveal any other patterns for an S-hook, I will be avoiding it.

You know, initally, I thought, oh cool, I can make a hat in an hour. Then, I looked at the price for the hook, and thought, well, still, I can make a hat in an hour. But then I thought about what else I could do with it, and said, this is a rip off!!

I ordered it and can't wait to try it. I will let you know. I do own the speed stik knitting needles and loved those. I made a wrap and several scarves as well.

Wendyb532

You know, initally, I thought, oh cool, I can make a hat in an hour. Then, I looked at the price for the hook, and thought, well, still, I can make a hat in an hour. But then I thought about what else I could do with it, and said, this is a rip off!!

You could carry it in your purse as a self-defense weapon. Of course, I think mace is cheaper.

Gayle

It took a while for me to adjust to the Q hook and the six strands used with that hook. Instead of an AFGHAN, like it was supposed to be, I stopped about a quarter of the way, and now use it as a HALL RUNNER!

It sure does feel good on the toes on a chilly morning!

If 6 strands for the Q hook, would it be 8 strands for the S? Maybe for bath mats? Or if you used cotton, a VERY THICK TOWEL?

I actually bought 2 Q hooks and an S hook a while back. The Qs are Boye and the S, well I don't know, it's a white plastic hook with no marks on it and I no longer have the wrapper it came in.

My figuring is that they'd be good for making throw rugs or rag rugs with, something like that.

Archived