Herrschners

Yep,

there shipping is fairly quick. Once by the end of the week, last order was about 9 days. However, the order tracker on there site isn't working for my orders anymore. Also, just a note: I usually only order on free shipping specials. I just got an order in this week and the new catalog came in the mail as well. The cover page advertising the 'sale' had the same 'sale' prices as the catalog I ordered from that I got last month. Just the cover was different. The prices are very good however. Be sure to check their online sales and there yarnsale site. If it's a free shipping time on the catalog, you can still use it on the online as well.

Angie

i order alot from them and they are pretty quick based on your area that you live i got mine here in AZ in about 7-8 days via ups i have only had one problem with it getting lost i called them they resent it to me with no problem very easy to work with

I just placed an order with them for the first time (although it was for something not yarn related) and was seriously impressed with the shipping. I'm in Germany and have things sent APO and the order was here about a week, maybe a week and a half (anything under two weeks is tops in my opinion...)

I didn't have the same good luck with Herschner's.

Last February I ordered 30 balls of Cebelia size 10 thread, color cream and paid for express shipping. (for a tablecloth) The order showed up about 2 weeks later completely WRONG. They sent size 20 in ecru. I phoned and got the old excuse "our computers are down". They instructed me to return the entire shipment and AFTER Herschner's receives it they would then ship again. The Customer service rep (who was very nice) said that since they had intermittent computer problems I should expect the new shipment to leave Herchner's in 2 - 3 weeks!!!!

So I figure that meant a week for it to get back to Herschner's, 2 - 3 weeks before they ship and another week until I get the order. When I explained this to the rep she agreed that would not be acceptable and she promised to send out the correct thread so long as I promised to return the bad shipment. OK - we agreed.

I returned the bad shipment the next day, and about 2 weeks later (they didn't send it express, although from the first experience I guess it really didn't matter) I was so excited to finally get my thread.

Guess what - - - - same exact mistake. Yup - size 20 in ecru. I think that the warehouse stock was in the wrong bin. - - only explanation I can come up with.

Soooo...... after having wasted 4 - 5 weeks, I returned the whole thing again and ordered from Knitting Warehouse. Got the correct thread in 5 days.

I'll never order from Herschner's again and throw out the catalog without even glancing at it. I'll remain a Knitting Warehouse customer as I have been for a few years now.

'Nuf said.

http://www.knitting-warehouse.com/

I order from Herrschners probably 4-5 times a year. I haven't had a problem. They have a lot to choose from. They also have a just yarn catalog that I simply love. When I do order, it gives me a chance to try something different. I love this company.

:manyheart

I've never ordered from them but I visited their store last summer and bought way too much...but the prices were so good! It seemed to me that some of their prices in the new catalogue weren't much better than I can get at Michael's and Hobby Lobby, and when you paid shipping would be about the same, with waiting time. The yarns on the outer cover were well-priced, though.

Archived