Have you heard of the "magic yarn ball" gift?

Here is some info:

http://whipup.net/2006/04/25/kids-yarn-project-the-magic-wool-ball/

It is such a fun thing to do for swaps or a gift for a knitter or crocheter. You just take a ball of yarn and start winding little gifts in it such as stickers, buttons, ribbon, stitch markers, small trinkets, and even stick a hook or needles in it.

I just did a swap for this on another board and while I don't have a picture of the one I made it was so cute and fun with needles sticking out of it, stitch markers hanging on the outside and some ribbon sticking out the edge. I also included buttons, a leaf applique, some charms, and some ric rac trim. I'm still waiting on mine and can't wait.

I'm hoping to do a swap like this here soon. :hook

Anyone one else do this yet?

Ann

I am sorry but I would want mine to have MONEY wrapped up in it!!! hee hee hee hee!!! Just joking around!!!

Cute idea!

There's a similar idea for baby showers...where you get the gift bag that has baby clothes hanging on the clothes line depicted on the bag///and then wooo la inside is a clothes line that has baby clothes tied to it via pretty ribbons which are tied to the tags inside the clothing, etc.....the recipient pulls out one side of the line with each "pull" is greeted by yet another exciting surprise of a baby shirt......bottoms, socks, etc.

I've done it before. I got a TON of stuff in mine, including chocolates, smaller balls of yarn, needles, hooks, stickers, a pattern book she made for me, and a TON of other stuff. Picture a ball of yarn about the size of a basketball with stuff sticking out of it. If that was a swap here, I'd LOVE to play!

I love it! I have been drooling over the craftster swap gallery of it!, I keep waiting for a new swap for it to be started somewhere, and I bet it does too soon, ( Im getting married the 4th of nov and so it cant be before then!) , one here would be great cause of all the lovelly people! But if admin arnt keen ( I think there is a diff swap coming up) maybe it could be hosted on someones blog.

I LOVE the idea!! Can't wait to participate!!! I will be watching the board!I hate it when something so great comes along, and then I have to wait! I am such an impatient person.:blink Now everyday I will have to come to the 'Ville to check for signs of this swap. It will consume me. :sweat:scared I think it would be so great to go raid my craft box and pass on things that I haven't used. Also the yarn stash. There are so many possibilities for this. Hmmmmm...:scrachin

:c9I will probably dream about this instead of crocheting and yarn tonight (that happens to me all the time when I crochet before bed).

I would love to join on this one. I'll have to be sure to keep my eyes on the swap board. I've heard of different variations on the theme (baby shower was mentioned) But this would be a blast! I'm game. Sign me up! (maybe we should include a suggested size so they all stay close to the same?)

Archived