Dang! Crochet is Warm!!

I had to take my one and only king-sized comforter to the dry cleaners and they said it would take a week. I had to dig out a thin blanket and the crochet huge blanket I made my hubby when we were dating at 16. I was so warm and cozy all night I did not want to get up this morning!!!

:yes

:D I can remember only a few short weeks ago everyone commenting it was almost too hot to crochet!

I have to agree with you. I have been working on Christmas presents and it does take the chill off having the project draped over my lap!

I have a fancy bed spread that my Mom made for me about 20 years ago. So to say the least it is a lot of dc's together which makes it airy.

When it gets cold here, yes we can go down to 32 degrees for a few days, but to us 70 is cool, I grab the spread.

It is so much warmer, than my comforter, that I don't think twice about using it.

Sometimes I wonder if it is all the love that is put into the piece that makes it so warm.:scrachin

:D I can remember only a few short weeks ago everyone commenting it was almost too hot to crochet!

I have to agree with you. I have been working on Christmas presents and it does take the chill off having the project draped over my lap!

----------

Here in Austin, it's still too hot to crochet (yesterday was 95)! But on the nights when it does get cold (into the 20s and 30s, which is plenty cold for me), all I need to put on my bed is the one crochet blanket I made and kept for myself. It'll keep me toasty all night long.

I love making baby blankets or afghans in the fall/winter for this reason. I just hate when I get to the end of the row and I have to turn. It makes my legs cold. hehe

I too find the afghans very warm on the cold mornings I even find all of my cats (4) of them curled up at the foot of the bed all snuggled together:c9

I've made more decorative afghans for friends, but for myself, I crocheted an enormous ripple-patterned afghan out of Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick. It's extremely warm for those chilly nights, when all one wants to do is curl up in front of the TV with a cup of tea (and one's crocheting, of course!).

Wow you are giving me some great ideas!!! I was just trying to locate my blankets and can't find them. We moved in April and a lot of stuff is still in boxes, but I also think a lot of stuff was "accidentally" left behind or put in the trash by my husband..... But now I have a great idea to make up some crocheted blankets for us and the boys. Ok for us since we only have a thin blanket now.. Thanks for bringing up this topic

Archived