South Carolina Weekend Crochet Retreat?

KnicKnac

Can't let them Texans have all the fun! :lol:P:lol:P:lol

I would like to know if there would be any interest in holding a weekend retreat somewhere in South Carolina. I live in Charleston, but we really could have it anywhere. I have several times stayed in North Myrtle Beach and really enjoyed it. Myrtle Beach to me would be a much more energetic place, and easier to get to via plane but Charleston does have it's advantages as well.

This is something that is NOT sponsered by Crochetville or it's moderators and administrators. This is just an attempt to gather a few fellow crochet junkies together for a nice time crocheting ON THE BEACH!

Time frame is not an issue. But best prices for vacation homes would run Jan - Mar. Our winters are MILD here and the beaches are just beautiful when it's cool and crisp outside.

I have organized something similar to this before and it worked out the 18 of us stayed in a gorgeous home on the beach and with lodging AND food it ran us $100 each. And that covered the wine as well! :yes:D:lol

Nothing is definite and suggestions are welcome!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KnicKnac, I'm only 4 hours from MB. You can so count me in! What a great price, too! Oooohhh, I can't wait! This will be so much fun!:cheer:clap

Depending on where and when, I'd be interested. I'm actually in south GA but will be up in Sunset Beach NC(30 mins north of MB) through much of the winter. My sister also might be, she's in Conway SC, a few mins south of MB.

Too cool! Most likely be North Myrtle Beach. It's so much easier getting into MB via air than it is Charleston...cheaper too!

Thanks for the interest!!! Can't let them Texans have all the fun!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Clocke,

Thanks for bring this back up to the forefront. The idea is not dead, just hibernating until after the holidays. It's hard for people to focus on next year when things like the end of the year celebrations are looming ahead. I promise you that I will definitely start tieing things up come January!

• 3 weeks later...

Yankeewoman, I will probably start making plans in the next week or so. Just got back from vacation and need some time to re-organize myself.

The more the merrier I always say!

Archived