Thrift Store Finds :-)

Yesterday I went to a thrift store near a friend's house and found 3 balls of crochet thread, a HUGE kit of craft cards called "Family Craft Cards" which range from woodworking, to crocheting (the patterns are blech!), to sewing, to metalwork, clay, etc., which I got for $2.99, and I found a Singer book called "Sewing for Children". The pics in the book are a bit outdated, but there is a chapter on Heirloom Sewing. I'm currently working on a project which incorporates translating sewing techniques into crochet, and this was a great find!! :cheer:clap Including the 2 children's books and a crosstitch alphabet book, all-in-all I only spent $5.68! (The thread, all 3 together, only cost $1.00!) Needless to say, I'm on :c9 because I had no idea on the measurements for a baby bonnet (I'm trying to write one for my 1st christening dress), and this book has the instructions and measurements!! Now I know what to do!! :dance:yay Anyone wanna celebrate with me?

:clap:yay:clap:yay I love finding deals like that at the thrift store; or a garage sale. I found a whole stash of kn*tting needles, yarn, stitch markers, you name it at a garage sale a few years ago. WIth my mouth hanging open, I said 'Why are you selling all your knitting supplies!?' She said she had carpal tunnel so bad she couldn't knit anymore. :( I've found three bags of yarn for less than six dollars at the Goodwill. I love thrift store finds! Congratulations on your find(s). :)

Tina

Archived