Leg warmers

carrie_dyer

Here in Toronto, the teens are unbelievably wearing tight stirrup pants in that nasty stretchy knit fabric with short flared skirts and leg warmers. I'm afraid we're back in the 80's. ACK! I've also seen those bubblegum skirts again. I love the legwarmers though. Great for skaters and walking my dog! :)

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm new to this group and I've been looking for leg warmer patterns for my little girl. She's four and in Dance. I was wondering what two hooks you used for this pattern and when you switch? Also can this pattern be adjusted for a child? Thanks so much I can't wait to get started. P.S. This is my first ever post to anything so I hope I've done it right!

I'm about 40 min from NYC and YES.. everybody wears them! It is funny that this post came up.. I was heading into the city from Brooklyn on the train and I saw about 15 people through the whole day with them. It was then that I deceided to make a pair..

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
I can't believe I am able to help someone!!!

I used 2 hooks and red heart yarn (about a 1/2 skein for 1 warmer)

With I hook

Chain 35 slst (slip stitch) to form a ring (you can chain whatever you want so that it fits around your heel and ankle) chain 2

Round 1 sc (single crochet) in each chain - slst (slip stitch) into top of ch (chain) 2. Chain 2 don't turn

Round 2-8 repeat round 1

Round 9 hdc (half double crochet) in each sc (single crochet) from previous round slst (slip stitch) into top of ch (chain) . Chain 2 AND TURN

Rounds 10 thru 16 repeat round 9

Rounds 17 thru 24 repeat round 1

Rounds 24 thru 31 repeat round 9

Rounds 31 thru 38 repeat round 1

finish off weave in ends

Thanks for this pattern! I have been surfing around for an easy one for awhile & stumbled across this old post....yet another reason why I love the Ville!:manyheart I am not a huge fan of the one on Lionbrand because it looks a little loose and I don't want to use chunky yarn.

Does anyone have any pics of theirs to share? And did anyone come up with with a small childs version? I want to make some for my cousins little girls ages 3 and 5 - but they live across the country & I can't measure them! They are tiny, I'm sure I could guesstimate from pics. Thanks!!

leg warmers are SO nice!!!

I've wanted a pair of tights so i could wear them over them with some cute ballet style flats and a cotton skirt

That style is so in.. im 23 but im not out of the loop lol

some states just haven't caught on and thats ok

I live in az.. im sure its only a "winter" thing here anyway :D

Thanks for this pattern! I have been surfing around for an easy one for awhile & stumbled across this old post....yet another reason why I love the Ville!:manyheart I am not a huge fan of the one on Lionbrand because it looks a little loose and I don't want to use chunky yarn.

Does anyone have any pics of theirs to share? And did anyone come up with with a small childs version? I want to make some for my cousins little girls ages 3 and 5 - but they live across the country & I can't measure them! They are tiny, I'm sure I could guesstimate from pics. Thanks!!

if you know their sock size.. measure the cuff and just crochet in hdc or sc a tube from that.. easy peasy

if you know their sock size.. measure the cuff and just crochet in hdc or sc a tube from that.. easy peasy

Perfect idea, thanks!

if you have a problem with tubes going wonky shapes, crochet it in a flat piece as long as you would want it to be tall (ankle to knee, ect) and then just sl stitch the two long sides together so that the short sides are as round as you need.. make sense?

I want to make a pair of these to send to the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation. I'm still looking for my I hook though... :angry I went to WalMart and they didn't have one. Grrrr.

:eek I found it!! I decided to look ONE more time in my bag with the afghan I am working on w/ it, and I saw a glimpse of something sticking out of my skein of yarn. :clap:woo:jumpyay I am going to start a pair right now. Using a variegated called 'summer breeze', I hope it will turn out all right.... I'll post a picture when I'm done.

Tina

Well I finished a pair.

th_001-38.jpg

My six year old son let me borrow his legs to try these on. (I asked him if he wanted a pair and he said no, so we're okay....) :P

th_002-22.jpg

Both pics should be clickable.

I ran out of yarn on my very last row!! (Murphy's Law of Crocheting...) I don't think the person I am sending these to will notice, though. :) Thought I'd share a picture here so everyone can see what they look like.

Tina

HAH!!! My 17 year old daughter really is not into crocheted stuff...but she has asked me to make her a scarf (:cheer my new favorite thing to make) and just tonight she asked for a pair of legwarmers - and said I can make them for her!! She is getting a pair of Ug boots from her bf for Christmas. I went to the Christmas parade and alot of the girls were wearing them with their boots & jeans...looks really nice and warm. oooo i'm so excited :c9 !!

i have no clue if they are still worn. i was just goofing off!!!!! i have made scarfs, hats, gloves, ya know warm weather stuff so i tried this. just trying to make stuff up at this point.

My mom said she'd like a pair for her birthday, which caught me off guard because I remember when I was little, I had a pair but they did not fit properly and always slid off my skinny little legs.

Archived