Leg warmers

carrie_dyer

Hey All -

I just made a leg warmer last night as an experiment to see if I could actually design something more then a lanyard. That's right not a pair just 1. once I get the other one made I will post a pic (if I can figure out how to post it). Anyway let me know if I screw up the pattern or what i can do to make it better for everyone

I used 2 hooks and red heart yarn (about a 1/2 skein for 1 warmer)

With I hook

Chain 35 slst to from a ring (you can chain whatever you want so that it fits around your heel and ankle) chain 2

Round 1 sc in each chain slst into top of ch 2. Chain 2 don't turn

Round 2-8 repeat round 1

Round 9 hdc in each sc from previous round slst into top of ch . Chain 2 AND TURN

Rounds 10 thru 16 repeat round 9

Rounds 17 thru 24 repeat round 1

Rounds 24 thru 31 repeat round 9

Rounds 31 thru 38 repeat round 1

finish off weave in ends

i have no clue if they are still worn. i was just goofing off!!!!! i have made scarfs, hats, gloves, ya know warm weather stuff so i tried this. just trying to make stuff up at this point.

Yep, loads of people wear them now :D, though I personally could never get the hang of them :think , I tried a pair once and they kept draping themselves off the end of my feet. They'd probably moulded themselves to my friend (their owner). :sigh.

They are great as a pressie though :cheer

I still have two pairs of legwarmers that my mom crocheted for me over 20 years ago and then realized I have the patterns for them also. When I was going to Jazzercise a couple of years ago, I wore them to class. They were comfortable.

Guess I'll be doing a new project now.

LI Roe

Yup, my daughter and all her "dancing" friends still wear them. It would really knock her socks (or warmers) off if I could do a pair for her. I am at a loss however as I am a beginner. I did not understand your shorthand. :no Would you share the specifics with me?

Hehe, this is a funny topic because I just made some Christmas leg warmers (knit) for a friends daughter and am making my Alissa a pair also to match a skirt she got for Christmas. She will wear them over her tights too. Yep, looks like leg warmers are back!

christmaslegwarmers2.jpg

Thanks for posting this! I saw legwarmers for sale at Target yesterday. They were cute, and $5.99! :eek I laughed out loud and said. "Ha! I could crochet those!"

And I will! :hook

I can't believe I am able to help someone!!!

I used 2 hooks and red heart yarn (about a 1/2 skein for 1 warmer)

With I hook

Chain 35 slst (slip stitch) to form a ring (you can chain whatever you want so that it fits around your heel and ankle) chain 2

Round 1 sc (single crochet) in each chain - slst (slip stitch) into top of ch (chain) 2. Chain 2 don't turn

Round 2-8 repeat round 1

Round 9 hdc (half double crochet) in each sc (single crochet) from previous round slst (slip stitch) into top of ch (chain) . Chain 2 AND TURN

Rounds 10 thru 16 repeat round 9

Rounds 17 thru 24 repeat round 1

Rounds 24 thru 31 repeat round 9

Rounds 31 thru 38 repeat round 1

finish off weave in ends

I don't know how many still wear them, but I was planning to make my one granddaughter a few pair cause she loves to wear dresses & it's so cold in the winter, this would at least help keep her legs warm while outside!:cheer

The ones I started aren't looking too good so Im going to frog them and start over. my dd is sooooo tiny it's hard to get measurement's right. She get's real cold easy her swim teacher requested that she wear tights and a long sleeve shirt over her swimsuit cause she get's soooo cold.

Archived