WOW! Has anyone seen this girls scarves???

SeaShelly

I'm so going to have to try and make a candy dots scarf!!! Should be easy enough. :) She's super creative! Don't know if I'd want to wear a salad around my neck, either, but at least it's original. Taking crochet to new heights. What's that saying, "it's not your grandma's crochet?"

i love to see young people who crochet. that is the way this craft will surive, you bet its not your grandmas crochet any more!!! I love to say that even my grandmother would have thought this was wonderful.

• 4 weeks later...

I too, think she's awesome.

I was able to copy the cupcakes, and my plan is to crochet myself a plain sweater and attach the cupcakes to it. (My favorite pattern is the "World's Easiest Sweater")

I also found a similar pattern to her buttered toast, eggs and bacon at another site - not exactly quite like hers, but very close and still cute.

I did ask her if she ever planned to compile her patterns into a book and sell them, but she said right now she's only concentrating on her designs.

She did acknowledge that pattern people are a completely different subgroup away from the people who only like buying completed items, and realizes the money she could make that way, but her business partner wants to concentrate on the merchandising part for now.

Maybe in the not too distant future, she'll be selling patterns.

Have you seen her marshmallows? Toooo cute!

where do you find the patterns?

I too, think she's awesome.

I was able to copy the cupcakes, and my plan is to crochet myself a plain sweater and attach the cupcakes to it. (My favorite pattern is the "World's Easiest Sweater")

I also found a similar pattern to her buttered toast, eggs and bacon at another site - not exactly quite like hers, but very close and still cute.

I did ask her if she ever planned to compile her patterns into a book and sell them, but she said right now she's only concentrating on her designs.

She did acknowledge that pattern people are a completely different subgroup away from the people who only like buying completed items, and realizes the money she could make that way, but her business partner wants to concentrate on the merchandising part for now.

Maybe in the not too distant future, she'll be selling patterns.

Have you seen her marshmallows? Toooo cute!

• 2 weeks later...

WOW! I don't know which I would choose as favorites, but the bacon and egg one SOUNDS good right now, I love the candy buttons one (brings back memories!), and I also like the iced oatmeal and pink sugar cookie ones! SO hard to choose! OH, don't forget the bomb pop one! Can you hear the ice cream truck coming down your street now?! LOL! She does NICE work, and I'm sure they will continue to sell well! :yes

• 10 months later...

Yeah, they just banned talk about her on another crochet forum. Not really sure why; rather silly if you ask me. I guess they didn't like people discussing all the money she was getting.

I think some of her scarves are pretty, to be sure, but I have better uses for my money (like shoring up my yarn stash :)). I guess it's the new trendy thing to have. Now, if only I could get someone to spend loads of money on my scarves. :lol

I thought I posted this already, but I guess I forgot, cuz I can't find it now, lol, or maybe it was on another thread. Anyway, I found her myspace link for contact on her website and decided to send her a note. I asked if she might have any plans to sell patterns - there are some I'd love to make! She said she *had* actually been working on a book at one point, but had to put it down due to not having time, but maybe she'd work on it again one of these days! :hook

Archived